Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job ID
- Pine Brook, NJ 07058
- Other Location
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the full vendor accounting cycle. This includes vendor documentation, the timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and transactions, vendor payments, and financial and tax reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Obtains and maintains required vendor documentation including Master Agreements, Certificates of Insurance and W-9s.
- Sets up and maintains vendor records in the accounting system.
- Receives items against purchase orders and generates vendor invoice records from purchase orders.
- Reconciles purchase order and vendor invoice records.
- Ensures all transactions have proper backup – follows up with vendor or employee when needed.
- Digitizes backup when necessary and enters into document management system.
- Enters credit card transactions and vendor invoices into the accounting system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Records transactions to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices and comparing to company chart of accounts.
- Submits transactions electronically for approval. Monitors responses and follows up if needed. Makes corrections if needed and resubmits.
- Processes vendor payments via ACH, check or credit card.
- Notifies vendors of electronic payments.
- Obtains and maintains vendor ACH account details.
- Obtains and reconciles vendor statements to ensure accuracy of our accounts.
- Processes and records Petty Cash transactions and replenishes cash box, as needed.
- Processes manual check requests.
- Process and record Petty Cash transactions and replenish cash box as needed.
- Generates, creates and processes financial reports and tax reports, as required.
- Develops positive working relationships with vendors and SESI employees.
- Answers all vendor and staff inquiries in a timely and friendly fashion.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Assists with related special projects, as required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have basic understanding of principals of finance, bookkeeping and accounting.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree and minimum of 3 years of experience in accounts payable or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience in vendor relations, disbursements, accounting and accounts payable procedures is required. Strong planning and organizational skills are essential.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. Ability to read and interpret documents such as basic contracts, certificates of insurance, W-9s, 1099s, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience working with BillQuick accounting and project management software or other similar accounting software.
Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PDF software etc. a must. Experience with DocuSign and document management systems preferred but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License and possess reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Will experience prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will work in a typical office environment, mostly located indoor with windows. The office contains office equipment resulting in equipment noise. This position will be working in a shared office space with other colleagues and may experience frequent interruptions, conversations, or other background noise.
SESI engages its employees in all aspects of its projects and encourages them to participate in design and project management functions to their full potential.
We Offer A Competitive Benefit Package to include Health, Dental, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, and Professional Development Assistance.