Manufacturing Engineer I
- Job Title
- Manufacturing Engineer I
- Job ID
- Athens, TX 75751
- Other Location
Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering Department, Fulltime, Athens, Texas
We’re Hiring for a Manufacturing Engineer in our Engineering Department in a fulltime capacity at our Athens, Texas Manufacturing Facility
Manufacturing Engineer: The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for leading and participating in creating, finding, and evaluating better and more efficient ways to manufacture products and provide ongoing production support for Argon Medical products and manufacturing sites. The Manufacturing Engineer will work to manage and communicate progress towards project goals to management effectively.
The Manufacturing Engineer will work to gather and document customer requirements, translate them into measurable product requirements, and provide engineering support for the development and manufacture of Argon Medical Device products. The Manufacturing Engineer will recommend, develop, and implement manufacturing-related cost-saving initiatives (Value Improvement Projects) and be responsible for developing and implementing product qualification protocols. The Manufacturing Engineer will confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards, including assisting in the estimation of production times, staffing requirements, and providing related costs information for management decisions.
Manufacturing Engineer Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Minitab, Word, Excel, and Project
- Working knowledge of MRP systems
- Minimum of one to two years (1-2) related experience in an FDA/GMP regulated industry
- Experience in applying statistical techniques such as statistical process control, design of experiments, and problem-solving techniques is required
- Experience with design, review, execution, and approval of Installation, Operation and Process Qualification protocols, and reports (IQ/OQ/PQ)
The Manufacturing Engineer will analyze and plan workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. It will also confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. The manufacturing engineer will work closely with management, engineering, and other teams regarding production capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes. The Manufacturing Engineer will execute problem-solving, efficiency studies, and identifying process improvement opportunities, including applying statistical methods to estimate future production requirements and potential.
The Manufacturing Engineer will also assist in troubleshooting manufacturing areas, including working in conjunction with Maintenance Department to identify, recommend and implement the upgrade and automation of current equipment and the purchase of new equipment within regulatory requirements. Lastly, the Manufacturing Engineer will lead, functional and cross-functional teams to achieve project goals.
Argon Medical is a global manufacturer of specialty medical products, including a broad medical device for Interventional Radiology, Vascular Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, and Oncology. With over 800 employees worldwide, Argon has manufacturing facilities in Athens, TX, Wheeling, IL and Rochester, NY. Argon’s brand is recognized for best-in-class products that improve patient outcomes via percutaneous, image-guided procedures. To learn more about our company, please visit our website https://www.argonmedical.com/about/our-company.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this Manufacturing Engineer posting, contact a recruiter today at Andrew.Foran@argonmedical.com or apply online at www.argonmedicaljobs.com.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
• Proficient in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Minitab, Word, Excel and Project
• Working knowledge of MRP systems
• Minimum of one to two years (1-2) related experience in a FDA/GMP regulated industry
• Experience in the application of statistical techniques such as statistical process control, design of experiments, and problem-solving techniques is required
• Experience with design, review, execution, and approval of Installation, Operation and Process Qualification protocols and reports (IQ/OQ/PQ)