BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Systems Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain a poly)
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Computer Science, etc)
Required Experience: Ten (10) years’ experience as a Systems Engineer supporting complex, multi- site enterprise scale environments
Metronome is looking for a driven Senior Systems Engineer that can demonstrate an ability to think strategically about technology and business. The ideal candidate is self-aware, highly adaptive and motivated in becoming proficient in project coordination and communicating on multiple technologies.
- Collaborate and support the Senior Engineering and Project Integration staff in assessing, documenting, and tracking existing and new program requirements
- Support the program by developing artifacts, architectural documentation, and integration of various sources into a cohesive product, preparation of graphical and narrative presentation
- Support the integration, and testing of specific components of hardware/software systems on a complex program
- Work and interact with engineers across multiple contracts to produce architecture artifacts that span technical, physical and logical designs supporting a portfolio of managed services
- Monitor service line communication channels for immediate needs throughout the day
- Support comprehensive solutions development by leveraging subject matter experts from across several contracts and service lanes to produce and document environments
- Managing assigned service tickets and coordinating closure as needed
- Experience writing detailed, technical documentation
- 8570 compliance, IAT Level II certification
- Accountability, ownership and a drive for continuous improvement (Industry Certs, Education etc.)
- Performing IT project integration related work to include the following:
- Ability to present to internal & external leadership
- Running project control gates, tracking tasks
- Collaborating with different service lanes
- Producing technical diagrams with Microsoft Visio
- Using project tracking tools (i.e., Jira, Confluence, KanBan Boards)
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies - Keeping up to date on emerging technologies and tools will be encouraged and important
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
A deep expertise in one of the following areas and working knowledge of one or more of the other following:
- Juniper / Cisco Networking
- Cisco ASA / Palo Alto Firewalls
- VMware Infrastructures and architectures, virtual networking, vROPS
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, YUM, Satellite, Capsule technologies
- Enterprise Storage Systems (EMC (Unity, Isilon platforms) NetApp)
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills