BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Communications Specialist
- Requirement ID
- McLean, VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with poly
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
Required Experience: 5+ years’ experience with strategic communication
- Support a technology-focused government client.
- Provide a range of communications support from strategic communications planning to execution, including workforce event planning for workshops and forums, developing marketing campaigns for those events, and providing input on other client communications initiatives.
- Draft and edit a variety of communications materials and products, including talking points, scene setters for leadership, informational summaries, weekly newsletter submissions, and Web site content.
- Support the client's Chief of Communications as part of a communications team.
- Work independently and contribute to the team in a collaborative, creative environment.
- Experience with communications planning.
- Experience with meeting and event planning and execution.
- Ability to work well with senior leaders, respond to changing priorities, and ability to adapt writing style to meet the needs of audiences at various levels.
- Ability to have a professional demeanor and enthusiasm for client and teammate collaboration.
- Knowledge of client communications channels and vehicles.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including editing skills.
- Website content management experience
- Graphic design expertise or experience working with design software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills