BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Tier 2 IR Day Shift
- Job Title
- Tier 2 IR Day Shift
- Requirement ID
- Alexandra, VA
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: Secret Clearance
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering Field, IT, or Cybersecurity or related field
Required Experience: 3+ years of experience be in the areas of incident detection and response, remediation malware analysis, or computer forensics.
- Utilize state of the art technologies such as host forensics tools(FTK/Encase), Endpoint Detection & Response tools, log analysis (Splunk) and network forensics (full packet capture solution) to perform hunt and investigative activity to examine endpoint and network-based data.
- Conduct malware analysis, host and network, forensics, log analysis, and triage in support of incident response.
- Recognize attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and incident response.
- Develop and build security content, scripts, tools, or methods to enhance the incident investigation processes.
- Lead Incident Response activities and mentor junior SOC staff.
- Work with key stakeholders to implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering Field, IT, or Cybersecurity or related field
- 3+ years of experience be in the areas of incident detection and response, remediation malware analysis, or computer forensics.
- Prior relevant experience should be in the areas of incident detection and response, malware analysis, or computer forensics.
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
- Experience in Federal Government, DOD or Law Enforcement in CND, IR or SOC role
- Cyber Kill Chain Knowledge
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills