USAF Aircraft Mechanic, Structures
- Job Title
- USAF Aircraft Mechanic, Structures
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63146
- Other Location
Air Force Aircraft Structures Mechanic
SSE is a leading technology company serving St. Louis, MO and Jacksonville, FL for over 30 years. We develop aviation courseware training, virtual training environments, and technical publications for some of the most advanced military and commercial aircraft platforms.
We are seeking skilled USAF Fighter Aircraft Structures Mechanics to join our team in St. Louis, MO.
The Aircraft Mechanic serves as a Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to help develop technical publications and courseware for USAF Aircraft programs. Subject Matter Experts work as an integral and collaborative team member, along with other Subject Matter Experts, Technical Writers, Graphic Artists, Programmers and Instructional Designers. These are tremendous opportunities to transition from hands-on experience on the aircraft into an office setting while drawing from the intrinsic aircraft specific experience all while staying relevant in the aerospace industry.
MAINTENANCE SME RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the duties of technical publications writer on one or more military aircraft programs, to write, design, and document to specification guidelines
- Edit scripts, storyboards, and select and edit supporting graphic content
- Review and ensure quality, technical correctness and instructional soundness of draft and final documents
- Participate in all phases of project execution (Analysis, Design, Development)
- F-15 experience is desired.
- Other USAF Fighter aircraft experience will be considered.
- 4 or more years’ experience performing maintenance on USAF Fighter Aircraft Structures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team with diverse cultures
- “This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.”
- 40 hour work weeks, flexible schedule
- Weekly pay checks
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 13 PTO days per year
- 401k plus company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans