BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Software Tester
- Requirement ID
- Reston, VA 20191
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain CI poly prior to start)
Required Certification: DOD IAT Level II or above (Sec+CE, etc) – needed by start date.
- HS/GED with 10 years' experience
- Associates with 8 years' experience
- Bachelors with 6 years' experience
- Masters with 4 years' experience
- PhD with 2 years' experience
- Creating and executing test procedures in support of development, integration, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
- Executing tests on software usability.
- Analyzing test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability.
- Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
- Interacting with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participating in daily scrums, user engagement meetings, sprint reviews, sprint demos and user acceptance test events
- Creating, Organizing, and managing Test Automation Resources.
- Creating, Enhancing, debugging and Running Test Cases. Organizing, monitoring defect management process
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results.
- Prior Software Testing experience.
- Good knowledge of Test Plan and software test case design techniques.
- Knowledge of diverse system platforms.
- Knowledge of IT practices and business approaches and the ability to manage the IT function in a viable and sustainable business manner.
- Experience using automated testing tools like QTP, Selenium automation tools would be nice to have.
- Experience creating and executing test procedures in support of development, integration, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with software testing.
- Experience using Redmine to track project progress.
- Experience with Agile (working with a scrum team)
- Automated testing with tools such as Selenium.
Work Schedule: Shift Schedule: This is a second shift position, Monday-Friday, 2:00PM - 10:00PM.
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills