Clinical Informaticist/Data Analyst
- Job Title
- Clinical Informaticist/Data Analyst
- Job ID
- Appleton, WI 54914
- Other Location
The Clinical Informaticist/Data Analyst position is charged with embedding Epic learning and optimization skills at the independent office practice level. This position is responsible for developing and conducting process analysis that brings efficiency and optimization of the use of the electronic medical record to Catalpa Health’s physicians, clinical providers and clinic staff. The majority of learning and optimization will occur with physicians and clinic staff in real time, one-to-one or small group basis within the clinics. Defining meaningful metrics and using them to report progress are components of this position. Data analytics skills will be used to gather, analyze, and compile data needed to identify trends and patterns, then make recommendations for business actions.
Tasks include analyzing opportunities for practice and office efficiency, developing plans accordingly, effectively implementing those plans by training providers and staff to create best practice, and measuring the impact of their work. This work will result in providing advanced training to physicians and clinic staff. Gathering and evaluating data resulting in a summary of findings that can be acted on by leadership to positively impact business results is essential.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with a covered disability to perform the essential functions of the position, as long as an undue hardship is not imposed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Assists in developing individualized optimization and training plans to assist independent practices in maximizing the benefits of the Epic business functionality.
- Works with clinic staff one-on-one or in groups as necessary to determine which workflows allow the EMR to best support their practice, and assists them in embedding those workflows.
- Is a mentor to clinic superusers, and creates forums to share learnings among clinic superusers.
- Works closely with IT, education, clinical user groups, and operational managers to give feedback and support with technical improvements.
- Develops metrics to measure progress in efficiencies.
- Gathers and analyzes business intelligence from a variety of sources to support business decisions.
- Organize project activities into manageable work efforts for team members and determine an effective approach to completing the work as outlined in project plan.
- Monitor and report on project activities and reporting on statuses within published timelines.
- Compiles business intelligence or trends to support actionable recommendations.
- Proactively identify and manage risks, issues, and cross-project dependencies.
- Facilitate process improvement for key areas
- Maintains current knowledge of industry and business trends through communication with professional organizations, suppliers, customers, competitors, and other informed individuals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s Degree required
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
3 + years of working in a clinical setting required
Data analytic skills required
Advance Excel skills required
Training experience preferred
Any appropriate combination of education and experience as determined by management.
Certifications & Licenses:
Epic ambulatory certification
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated competence in written, oral, and electronic communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, and to bring them to timely and accurate completion; to use Quality Improvement tools; to organize, plan, and manage complex projects; to analyze and interpret data.
- Advanced computer knowledge including Epic Applications, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Ability to measure improvements and efficiency.
- Process improvement skill set.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Work is performed at the corporate location, with an office setting, indoor and climate-controlled.