Case Manager, Employment - Hayward
- Job Title
- Case Manager, Employment - Hayward
- Job ID
- Hayward, CA 94541
- Other Location
Come work for a growing Non-profit that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness, we would like to meet you!
Downtown Streets Team has been rated one of "Best Nonprofits to Work For" by The Nonprofit Times for three years (highest ranked non-profit in CA!). We strive to end homelessness by enabling un-housed individuals to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Our model was also recognized as one of only five Evidence Based Best Practices in California in 2018.
The Case Manager will be primarily focused on employment, and will work directly with individuals experiencing homelessness, to navigate services and help them reduce the barriers to self-sufficiency, through strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, while managing priorities and workflow. This position also includes business outreach, recruitment and retention so if you have experience with any aspect of recruitment and business development and you are able to read and write in Spanish, you could be a great fit.
The wellbeing of our employees is very important to us and we support a healthy work-life balance. The schedule is a regular Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. The job will primarily be performed in the field, with some office hours. Flexibility and local travel is required, dependent upon the needs of the Team Members and work related events such as staff meetings and community events.
· High school diploma/GED and 5 years of related experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related experience
· Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
· Demonstrate adaptability, commitment, collaboration and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Excellent listening comprehension, written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Microsoft programs
· Valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
· Bilingual (Spanish) ability
· While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
· Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
· Using personal computer, keyboard, mouse and monitor
· Writing, reading, speaking in English
· Observation and problem solving; hearing, seeing, reasoning and decision making
· Basic mathematical calculations
Our Hayward Office is located in the heart of Downtown Hayward and surrounded by some of our local community businesses. There is ample free parking, we are close to both the 580 and 880 freeway and walking distance from the Hayward Bart station.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Starting at $50,000 annually
· Opportunities for growth
· Competitive benefits package including a 401k match of 6% after one year
· Flexible schedule
· Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
· Unique culture and passionate coworkers
· Additional compensation for Bilingual (Spanish) ability