Working at BFL is a rewarding experience.
View our employment opportunities below.
Junior Staff Accountant
- Job Title
- Junior Staff Accountant
- Job ID
- Bronx, NY 10454
- Other Location
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and non-residential services to disabled survivors of domestic violence.
BFL is currently seeking applicants to fill the Junior Staff Accountant position. This position will be responsible for administering procurement related activities in addition to other responsibilities and duties within the Finance Department which include the following;
- Assisting programs leadership with purchase orders (materials, equipment and services)
- Works within a program budget to purchase goods and services
- Orders goods such as office supplies based on the requisition request forms received
- Reviewing, researching and corresponding to vendors to develop business relationships
- Maintaining an accurate record of each completed purchase order Maintain purchase orders and responsible of collecting shipment slip
- Compares prices amongst various vendors in order to make sound purchasing decisions
- Ensures that goods and supplies are delivered in a timely manner
- Negotiates with vendor and supplier on prices, payment terms and delivery time
- Checks invoice for accuracy and work with the accounts payable staff to issue payment
- Maintaining an asset list for the equipment purchased
- Work with Chief Operating Officers, Program Directors, Facility Managers to reviews bids, contracts and proposals for content and conformance to specifications and for Minority/Women's Business Enterprise (M/WBE) capabilities. Compare price quotes.
- Work closely with accounts payable to resolve issues and unpaid invoices.
- Assist in bookkeeping functions when is needed—including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and vendor management.
- Assist in running bi-weekly payroll and preparing payroll data reports when is needed
- Assists Chief Fiscal Officer with special projects and completes other duties as assigned including assisting with internal and funder audits.
- Bachelor’s or Associate's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft and accounting package applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the capacity to be detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
Start Date: ASAP
Hourly Rate: $21.98
Hours per week: 35 – Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid vacation, Sick days, Personal days, Paid National Holidays, and more.
Cash Recipient are encouraged to apply