- Job Title
- Sourcing Manager
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
1. Develops sourcing strategies to identify vendors that meet the organization's quality, cost, or service requirements.
2. Participates in the evaluation of products, goods, or services prior to purchase, and ensures standards are continuously met after purchase.
3. Negotiates contracts and agreements and ensures compliance with internal or external purchasing requirements.
4. Reviews organizational purchases and identifies opportunities for cost reduction through purchase consolidation. Educate staff on how to better utilize networking tools.
5. Acts as a liaison between internal stakeholders and external suppliers, maintaining relationships and ensuring satisfaction.
6.. Leads and directs the work of other material management employees and has full authority for personnel decisions.
7. Administering established policies and procedures and recommends changes.
8. Participates in process improvement, budgeting and strategic planning initiatives.
9. Manage daily work assignments and reassign resources as needed to complete sourcing activities. Reviews purchase requisitions and identify savings opportunities.
10. Support Product recalls follow up actions.
11. Participates and monitor accuracy of physical inventory items.
12. Bridge communication between A/P, supply chain staff and vendors to minimize invoice exceptions.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or other related field.
Six or more years of purchasing/sourcing experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
Three or more year’s supervisory experience.