Registered Nurse Case Manager
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse Case Manager
- Job ID
- WASHINGTON, DC 20002
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Registered Nurse Case Manager for the Social Work Services Department.
The RN Case Manager:
- Provides Case Management services available to all customers;
- Serves as the coordinator for discharge planning on the unit and collaborating with team members;
- Assists patients and/or families in coping with illness, hospitalization and continuing care needs;
- Uses nursing judgment for effective discharge planning with the medical team to ensure the patient’s treatment plan.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of a Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years discharge planning experience
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- Maintains active American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification
- Cerner-Sorian a plus
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
- Required Skills