Lauded by Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast, World Nomads Solo Traveler, USA Today, and voted the leader in solo travel, Vantage Travel has curated deluxe river and small ship cruises, land adventures, safaris, family and culinary journeys since 1983. Through an enriching roster of included features and Cultural Connections, half a million travelers have experienced firsthand the culture, cuisine, history, and wildlife of more than 80 countries on all seven continents.
Why Work For Us?
If you’ve got a passion for travel and thrive in a dynamic environment where you’ll make an exciting impact on travelers around the world, Vantage may be your dream employer! As we expand our portfolio of travel experiences — including river and small ship cruises and land adventures — and our customer base, we increasingly seek creative, progressive, and motivated professionals to join the Vantage team in our Boston headquarters or in one of our global offices in Budapest, Buenos Aires, Beijing, and Cape Town.
We offer a robust benefit package including your choice of top medical, dental and vision insurance plans, free international travel, a minimum of 3 weeks vacation to start, 3 personal days to use as you wish, lunch walks, wellness initiatives and more.
The Director of Product Marketing/Merchandising will drive revenue, penetration and leads for both travel products and other corporate products. Responsible for knowing and analyzing the numbers and driving action plans to increase response rates by source. Will develop, plan, execute, measure, report, and analyze the impact of integrated marketing strategies and campaigns that are designed to generate leads, corporate program penetration, and revenue in our web first environment. The primary focus will be on communicating the benefits and value of these offerings in channels that include direct mail, catalog, email, web, and telephone. As such, this associate will need to have mastered identifying and developing a compelling message that resonates with travelers. Essential day-to-day focus will center on ensuring that this messaging is incorporated effectively into the execution of marketing campaigns and monitoring the results of these programs versus plan.
- Develop, implement, and refine messaging strategy for each program designed to achieve growth.
- Closely manage the marketing spend budget by program to ensure we meet or exceed revenue and profit targets.
- Work closely with senior management and yield/revenue management teams to deliver on the penetration goals while optimizing marketing spend.
- Along with the Circulation team, develop and execute multi-channel contact strategies across planned promotions, supplemental promotions, and web updates
- Develop and implement merchandising strategies for assigned integrated campaigns
- Manage numerous projects in parallel across web, email campaigns, and direct mail/catalog pages while meeting all turnover dates
- Providing clear direction and priorities at promotion turnover meetings for Creative teams (Copy, Design, Photo)
- Create and revise paginations based on score-carded results – responsible for the completion of scorecards for creative post-mortems
- Use Wrike project management and proofing tools at all times
- Provide and be knowledgeable in best practices in campaign development to optimize efficiency and quality of campaigns across all channels (direct mail, email, phone, web, social, etc.)
- Support Product Marketing role(s) during periods of peak workload and cover during time-off.
- Ensure status of results are communicated weekly in report-outs and marketing meetings.
- Align with CRM team to ensure that traveler preferences are both captured and actioned in marketing execution.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience driving marketing initiatives with direct accountability for results.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- BA/BS in marketing/communications or demonstrated work experience applying a complimentary education
- Creative thinking, exceptional analytical skills coupled with solid business foundation.
- An innovative, positive, and self-directed attitude – interested in “figuring out” solutions.
- Deep hands-on experience in multi-channel, multi-wave (trigger) direct marketing operations, strategy and analysis.
- Marketing program forecasting, measurement and assessment.
- Travel industry experience strongly preferred.
- Strong detail orientation, ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and accountability to get the job done.