Option 2: Create a New Profile
Insurance Coodinator - Arrow Dental (Astoria, Oregon)
- Job Title
- Insurance Coodinator - Arrow Dental (Astoria, Oregon)
- Astoria, OR 97103
- Other Location
We are currently seeking a full-time Insurance Specialist at our Dental Clinic located in Astoria, Oregon.
The Billing and Insurance Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the business office including managing patient insurance information, billing of insurances/claims, processing account statements, accounts receivable, collections, posting payments, check deposits, preparation and presentation of treatment plans and financial options, maintenance of the patient records, scheduling patient appointments, maintain productive recall/recare tasks and maintaining appearance and order of dental office.
Clinic hours: Monday-Thursday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Arrow Dental primarily serves Medicaid patients. This is to help the community with the large population of Medicaid members that either became Medicaid eligible due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Open and close dental office according to office protocol.
- Manage day-to-day business and financial operations of dental office.
- Keep office neat and in a professional appearance.
- Greet and welcome patients and visitors to the practice.
- Explain office policy to patients including late cancel and no show policy.
- Responsible for patient billing questions and collect payment from patients at time of treatment.
- Schedule follow-up and new appointments, as needed.
- Maintain that patient records are stored securely and handled in compliance with HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Manage delinquent patient accounts and prepare appropriate correspondence to patients and/or insurance companies.
- Update insurance billing information for all patients.
- Prepare and present patient financial treatment plans and financial options.
- Prepare insurance claims for patients with dental insurance.
- Monitor inventory and order office supplies as needed.
- Manage and maintain productive recall/recare system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Arrow Dental values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to demonstrate our commitment to diversity through all our business practices and invite applications from candidates that share our commitment to this diversity. Our diverse experiences and perspectives help us become a stronger organization. Let’s be better together.
Arrow Dental seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Required Skills
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 2-5 years dental office billing and insurance experience is strongly preferred.
3. Typing ability of 40 wpm.
4. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
5. Experience using a dental software is required.
6. Spanish speaking is preferred.
7. Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
8. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
9. Ability to work well under pressure work with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
10. Ability to come into work on time and on a daily basis.
11. Maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.