Since 1983, Vantage Deluxe World Travel develops and delivers memorable travel journeys on seven continents whether on land, riverboats or small ships.
Vantage Deluxe World Travel is a $300 million, state-of-the-art direct marketer of travel to the affluent mature market. When you join the Vantage team you become part of a global company, headquartered in Boston, with eight regional offices around the world. Our worldwide teams work together to provide exciting, culturally enriching travel programs to destinations on all seven continents, including on our European river cruise fleet. Since 1983, more than 400,000 travelers have joined us to see the world.
Vantage Deluxe World Travel is the leader in adventure travel for thirty-seven years.
Vantage’s workplace culture is fun, collaborative, and meaningful. Our associates are fueled by the tangible results of delivering memorable and life-changing journeys while working collaboratively across the globe. Our associates don’t just help others travel, but we enable them to experience the Vantage Travel difference with several opportunities to explore the globe on a Vantage journey, too!
Alongside free annual international travel opportunities, we recognize the hard work of our global associates with a competitive benefits package, flexibility, and myriad wellness options. Our convenient location next to TD Garden and North Station puts associates in the heart of world-class downtown Boston and just steps from a major transit hub convenient for city dwellers and commuters alike.
Some of our benefits include:
- Your choice of employer-subsidized medical plans, as well as comprehensive dental and vision plans
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation time alongside 10 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 3 personal days
- 401K with generous employer match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Telecommuting and flexible work arrangements depending on position
- Free international travel opportunities for associates, plus 25% discount on all trips for the associate and their family and personal airline ticket discounts
- 90% subsidy on MBTA passes inside of Boston and up to 50% subsidy on commuter rail passes
- Wellness program offering weekly fresh fruit delivery, on-site fitness center with Peloton bikes and lockers, weight loss benefits, and discounts on fitness boot camps and personal training
This is not a remote position.
POSITION SUMMARY AND EXPECTATIONS
Working closely with the leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer will develop and implement a financial and operational strategy that includes measurable goals to drive profit improvement and enhanced systems, and controls. This position is also responsible for the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Manage oversight of the annual and long-term budget, forecasts, projections, analysis of variances vs plan creating and executing plans to meet corporate goals. Take the financing piece from the beginning to end of process, working with equity partners, monitoring maturity of debt and developing and maintaining strong banking relationships both domestic and internationally. Timely issuance of detailed financial business plans and budgets, including integration with the annual marketing plan. Work closely with marketing to manage budgets and ensure that marketing ROI is on track. Understand the challenges within our industry and our organization and develop a plan to meet those challenges and grow the company while influencing the outcome, not just reporting it. Effectively diagnose problems, analyze causes, recommend, and implement solutions. Anticipate business needs and proactively act to achieve business objectives. Consistently demonstrate adaptability and flexibility without losing effective control. Display self-confidence when dealing with difficult situations and take corrective action. Recognize and celebrate outstanding performance. Address performance issues quickly and positively.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the Company’s fiscal functions and performance including, but not limited to; cash flow; profitability; capital; credit and collection policies; and compliance with regulatory, tax, and contractual obligations.
- Effectively manage worldwide cash flow and expenses. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism. Create cost controls and lead savings initiatives focused on all areas of expense. Provide critical early warnings to management, backed by sound financial analysis
- Oversight as it relates to all international and foreign based finance and accounting issues and VAT strategy
- Manage financing for all owned assets.
- Leverage knowledge of financial reports to identify opportunities to establish and achieve financial benchmarks.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends
- Evaluate strategic alliances, acquisitions, mergers, and investments.
- Oversee and approve the issuance of financial information, tax returns, and other government filings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with commercial banks and lending institutions; negotiate and procure capital and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Review and monitor professional service relationships, particularly accountants and lawyers; and insurance brokers/providers
- Direct management of Senior finance managers and related accounting and treasury staff
- Ensures that all financial deadlines are met, including timely budgeting, monthly close, financial statements and management reports to senior team
- Oversee the annual audit of the company’s consolidated financial statements
- Ensure that all foreign exchange currency is reported on a weekly basis and that appropriate MTM adjustments are properly reflected in all issued published financial statements on quarterly basis
- Oversee management of G&A for all groups within the company, hold managers accountable for financial planning and results within their teams
- Validation and approval of all standard and non-standard vendor terms and sign/off approval of all margin standards on product pricing
- Ensure that all operations of the company are within proper regulatory requirements and that there are no violations of compliance
- Motivate and retain a team of professionals
Industry & Technical Knowledge
- General knowledge of company policies, best financial practices, and protocols.
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Systems integration and control
- Financial Operations
- Risk management and insurance
- Consolidation and Liquidation practices
- Impact of world events and other inputs impacting COGS
- Value Chain – Customer, Vendor, Competition
Leadership / Decision Making
- Foster teamwork; encourage others to assume responsibility and develops subordinates.
- Promote/enforce the Company’s performance standards.
- When making decisions, analyze and consider alternatives.
- Support company Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Keep all stakeholders fully informed about work progress, problems, and provides adequate feedback.
- Effectively communicate financial matters to non-financial team members
- Establish and maintain effective contacts within and/or outside the company to establish goodwill, conduct negotiations, etc.
- Work cooperatively with other areas/departments across the business
- Openly share information and knowledge with colleagues and staff
- Set clear priorities, objectives, and track progress against plans.
- Take appropriate action to ensure targets are met.
- Budgeting/Forecasting/Economic Management
- Compliance: Audit and Tax
This company is run by the numbers and strictly adheres to weekly reporting and holding people accountable to their numbers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vantage Travel is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.