Since 1983, Vantage Deluxe World Travel develops and delivers memorable travel journeys on seven continents whether on land, riverboats or small ships.
Vantage Deluxe World Travel is a $300 million, state-of-the-art direct marketer of travel to the affluent mature market. When you join the Vantage team you become part of a global company, headquartered in Boston, with eight regional offices around the world. Our worldwide teams work together to provide exciting, culturally enriching travel programs to destinations on all seven continents, including on our European river cruise fleet. Since 1983, more than 400,000 travelers have joined us to see the world.
Vantage Deluxe World Travel is the leader in adventure travel for thirty-seven years.
Vantage’s workplace culture is fun, collaborative, and meaningful. Our associates are fueled by the tangible results of delivering memorable and life-changing journeys while working collaboratively across the globe. Our associates don’t just help others travel, but we enable them to experience the Vantage Travel difference with several opportunities to explore the globe on a Vantage journey, too!
Alongside free annual international travel opportunities, we recognize the hard work of our global associates with a competitive benefits package, flexibility, and myriad wellness options. Our convenient location next to TD Garden and North Station puts associates in the heart of world-class downtown Boston and just steps from a major transit hub convenient for city dwellers and commuters alike.
Some of our benefits include:
- Your choice of employer-subsidized medical plans, as well as comprehensive dental and vision plans
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation time alongside 10 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 3 personal days
- 401K with generous employer match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Telecommuting and flexible work arrangements depending on position
- Free international travel opportunities for associates, plus 25% discount on all trips for the associate and their family and personal airline ticket discounts
- 90% subsidy on MBTA passes inside of Boston and up to 50% subsidy on commuter rail passes
- Wellness program offering weekly fresh fruit delivery, on-site fitness center with Peloton bikes and lockers, weight loss benefits, and discounts on fitness boot camps and personal training
This is not a remote position.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Controller directs all accounting activities of Vantage Travel including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management, maintaining the general ledger and production of (consolidated) financial statements.
- Prepares all Financial Statements
- Responsible for Monthly Executive Summary of Actual Results and Forecast
- Prepares International Financial Statements and VAT reports
- Drive financial system implementations
- Maintain the General Ledger and prepare reviews, journal entries and monthly and year-end reporting including reconciliation analysis, payroll and contracts
- Responsible for top-level analytics and the preparation and review of financial statements
- Manage the various entities’ cash accounts to ensure maximization of interest and proper funding for daily disbursements
- Reviews spot currency requests
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital and prepares balance sheet, profitability, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position
- Implementing process improvements through technology or process re-engineering that has a positive impact on close time and accuracy.
- Establish themselves as a mentor and a resource for accounting personnel.
- Ad hoc financial analysis to drive the maximization of revenue and generation of profits
- Other duties as assigned
Primary Competencies or Non-Negotiables:
- CPA preferred. BS in Accounting or related Financial field (with Masters Degree preferred) or six to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with 5 years at supervisory level
- Great Plains Dynamics experience a plus
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge that includes GAAP & SOX
- Proven success managing and mentoring a top performing team
- Excellent leadership, organizational, change management, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Strong systems experience and knowledge that includes proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and a working knowledge of enterprise systems and business intelligence tools
- Advanced knowledge of Excel essential
- Goal oriented
This company is run by the numbers and strictly adheres to weekly reporting and holding people accountable to their numbers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vantage Travel is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.