Working with Concordis
The world of consulting and contract staffing can be confusing. Our vision is to make transparency the norm in the industry. That starts with the recruiting process. In addition to disclosing bill and pay rates (which you can explore using our rate calculator), we want to walk you through our typical recruiting process so you know what to expect.
Search Open Jobs
- Job Title
- Payroll Specialist
- Seattle, WA 98104
- Other Location
We are looking for a Payroll/Admin Specialist to join a fast-paced, dynamic client of ours. This role is responsible for US semi-monthly payroll processing for roughly 1,000 employees. The person in this role ensures that all paychecks accurately reflect hours worked, wages, and deductions. Ensures that payroll data are entered accurately and in a timely manner. This position reports into the Payroll Manager. This is a fully remote role, can be based anywhere, but MUST work West Coast hours. This is an initial 6 month contract, with the potential to extend and there is a good likelihood to convert for the right candidate. They need someone who has at least 3-5+ years of experience running Payroll, ideally for thousands of employees. The person in this role needs to be able to get up to speed very quickly. They’ll be dealing with large number of analysis reports, data entry, etc. Someone with implementation experience is needed as they’ll be assisting in implementing the payroll process for their acquisitions. This person needs to have GL balancing experience, understand debits and credits, and have a solid understanding of compliance. They have to be very proficient in Excel, and have multi-state taxation experience. Experience with a public company is a big plus so they can understand stock options, RSU’s, stock compensation, commission experience.
- Process semi-monthly payrolls for US employees in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Process off-cycle payrolls to accommodate payouts based on state requirements for terminated employees.
- Audit payroll deductions received from the various work locations.
- Audit pre-note direct deposit information.
- Processing payroll ADP smart compliance experience a plus
- Verify time card input and approval Verify retroactive payment calculations.
- Assist with year-end reporting and compliance.
- Process benefit deduction adjustments.
- Update process documentation, procedures and policies.
- Prepare system reports for distribution.
- Respond to inquiries from employees, management and external customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting. Years of experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- 3-5+ years of payroll experience required.
- Must have experience using computerized payroll and/or accounting systems
- Knowledge of payroll tax laws in a multi-state environment.
- Knowledge of Stock Options, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and restricted stock units
- Maintain an exceptional level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Consistent exercise of discretion and judgment, particularly with confidential information
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to take the initiative on tasks, prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and capable of working independently while maintaining a team player attitude.
- Ability to utilize various computer software programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Workday software experience
- ADP Plus experience
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification preferred.
- Implementation experience a plus
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Do Better Business With Us
1500 Westlake Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109
© 2020 Concordis by 003 LLC