Option 2: Create a New Profile
Director, Global Supplier Relations (REMOTE with occasional travel)
- Job Title
- Director, Global Supplier Relations (REMOTE with occasional travel)
- Position ID
- Irvine, CA
- Other Location
The owners and employees of Sourceability LLC share a unified goal of being the best electronics distributor in the market. We have seen our business endure and adapt to many changes in the global marketplace. We are driven by technology and are continuously looking for innovations that will improve the industry.
Our resilience is directly attributed to our hard work and the value we place on relationships with co-workers, customers, & our suppliers. Our employees, customers, suppliers, and business associates know from experience that we honor our commitments and we stand behind everything we do.
This is a leadership position within Sourceability’s online and digital business through our leading marketplace e-commerce platform Sourcengine. The candidate is expected to lead our efforts of supplier development with focus on manufacturer direct sources and their channel distributors to expand and enrichen the spectrum of our offerings for various type of electronic components. Sourcengine focuses on supporting a wide variety of individuals within a targeted “supply chain” personas inside the electronic components industry and hence our aim is to support our audience with wide range of attributes in respect to their component search (technical, transactional, compliance, legislative etc).
- The candidate will be in charge of negotiations with manufacturer direct sources in order to obtain what they will be willing to share with us in terms of their data in order to explore mutual business opportunities.
- The candidate will be supported by our analytics and B.I. team to create an analytical narrative throughout such negotiations. Sourcengine’s marketplace & transactional nature will support a unique and never been seen before narrative where the candidate can distinguish itself in compare to other digital products out there.
- The candidate will be expected to dive in deeper beyond the initial effort as they will be supported by our analytics/B.I. team to further explore deeper business opportunities in respect to sorting positions, cross reference preferences etc.
- will allow interesting and unique engagement opportunities specially with component manufacturers.
- Candidate will be further expected to explore business opportunities with suppliers through our content marketing team for instance by offering to write unique content on manufactures’ new product introduction. Our unique ecosystem of affiliate sites & products will allow further syndication of such content where again the candidate will be uniquely positioned to share back the traffic and transaction success stories with the suppliers. All of this will allow strong and distinguishing opportunities for the candidate to further strengthen and build their relationship with our suppliers.
- As this is a leadership role, the candidate will be expected to build a team in order to scale further on exploring all such opportunities.
- The candidate will be given goals and such goals will be defined with KPIs. Our aim is to offer aggressive incentive plans for these KPIs to encourage the candidate and their team to stride towards their goals.
- goals will for instance entail how many suppliers the candidate can sign up every quarter, what depth of attributes they can get form the suppliers for their SKUs (technical, transactional etc.). Would the candidate be able to sell to the suppliers our analytical reports or create deeper engagements via such reports? How would the candidate be able to take advantage of our content marketing and create business opportunities with the content team on selling media kits or just create engagements to be explored in the future by them or our content marketing team.
- 10+ years of electronic supply chain industry experience with proven track record of success on supplier development side
- Good and solid network of relationship with original component manufactures and their channel disturbers
- Proven leader and motivator. Entrepreneurial, unafraid to roll up sleeves, get it done and "lead from the front”.
- Exceptional management skills and experience building sales teams.
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions.
We are not offering visa sponsorship at this time. Only candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Copyright © 2020 Sourceability. All rights reserved.