Option 2: Create a New Profile
IT Asset Manager
- Job Title
- IT Asset Manager
- Position ID
- Irvine, CA
- Other Location
The owners and employees of Sourceability LLC share a unified goal of being the best electronics distributor in the market. We have seen our business endure and adapt to many changes in the global marketplace. We are driven by technology and are continuously looking for innovations that will improve the industry.
Our resilience is directly attributed to our hard work and the value we place on relationships with co-workers, customers, & our suppliers. Our employees, customers, suppliers, and business associates know from experience that we honor our commitments and we stand behind everything we do.
IT Asset Manager:
The IT Asset Manager is responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. The individual will assist in forming global procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization. The IT Asset Manager will also develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procurement – Evaluate, coordinate, and procure software and hardware requested by the company; communicate and negotiate with various vendors; maintain invoices; manage software support and maintenance renewal process
- Asset Lifecycle - Owns and maintains IT asset management program for entire lifecycle - from procurement to disposal
- Manage inventory – Research, plan, monitor, and record software license and hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts; maintain and audit global inventory; ensure stock is available to local technicians
- Usage Management – review usage of licensed products to confirm need and reclaim when possible; ensure all users of software have an appropriate company purchased license; develop reporting to communicate and monitor compliance
- Process Documentation - Develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles; help prepare controls and workflows for procurement; assist with form improvement; improve awareness of processes and policy across the business
- Budget – identify possible areas of cost savings; track budgeted expenses and coordinate communication regarding budget reporting on a regular basis; assist with budget projections for software, hardware, and IT related services for the various lines of business
- Firm working knowledge of license models, as well as entitlements and usage rules for software publishers
- Possess a solid understanding of IT asset management policies, procedures, and best practices
- Previous experience with vendor management and coordination
- Moderate to advanced experience using MS Excel
- Experience managing a budget and negotiating bids and contracts
- Experience with business requirements gathering and analysis.
- Collaborative, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail and task oriented, and capable of seeing the broader picture
- Solid ability to meet all deadlines and escalations in an organized and timely manner
Formal Education & Certification:
- 3+ years of related Software and Hardware Asset Management experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 5+ years of equivalent experience
- ITIL Certification is a plus
We are not offering visa sponsorship at this time. Only candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Copyright © 2020 Sourceability. All rights reserved.