National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
Asset Management Analyst
- Job Title
- Asset Management Analyst
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables Asset Management team is focused on maximizing the value of assets while maintaining compliance with contractual commitments, market rules, environmental regulations, and applicable permits, laws, and ordinances. The Asset Management Analyst, is responsible for analytical and project management support to the Asset Management function and portfolio of operating wind and solar PV projects, including financial and operational reporting, data analysis, financial modeling and forecasting, contract & document management, and energy market participation. The Asset Management Analyst will work closely with external parties and internal support groups such as Operations, Power Markets, Accounting, Finance, Legal, Engineering and Compliance.
- Prepare reports and presentations regarding portfolio performance and financial metrics for investors, lenders and management.
- Identify trends across project inputs and KPIs.
- Work closely with other team members to identify results from actual operations and inform decisions on new and existing transactions.
- Collaborate with the operations engineering team to evaluate and suggest improvement for operational performance.
- Compile financial models with actual data and economic analysis related to operating projects.
- Provide input and review of the pro-forma financial models for new generation assets.
- Coordinate with power marketing to register and commission new assets.
- Perform power market economic analysis related to renewable energy; manage shadow settlements and manage ISO/RTO disputes.
- Assist accounting on financial administration for operating projects including billing and revenue collection, invoice tracking, settlements etc.
- Coordinate certain activities related to sites under construction, including test energy production, substantial completion milestones, and commercial operation declaration.
- Ensure contractual compliance with lease agreements, environmental directives, and RTO/ISO requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Take a lead role in managing and enhancing the document and performance data administration and management systems to increase efficiency and ensure accuracy.
- Contribute information and support for various activities related to assets in operation, including new commercial transactions, operational improvement initiatives, merger and acquisition activity, legal issues, or significant market rule changes in regional transmission organizations.