National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
Director Asset Management
- Job Title
- Director Asset Management
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables' Asset Management team is focused on maximizing the value of its wind and solar assets while minimizing risk and maintaining compliance with contractual commitments, market rules, environmental regulations, and applicable permits, laws, and ordinances. The Asset Manager will work closely with external stakeholder and vendors as well as internal support groups such as Operations, Power Markets, Accounting, Finance, Legal, Engineering and Compliance to manage the financial and commercial performance of a portfolio of up to 6 solar or wind assets.
- Own project P&L and manage accounting support group to ensure proper books and records of operating assets
- Ensure strict compliance with all project governing documents including Power Purchase Agreements, Hedge Agreements, O&M Agreements, Interconnection Agreements, land leases, Financing Agreements, and LLC Agreements as well as ISO/RTO regulations.
- Communicate regularly with counterparties and respond promptly to all customer requests; find and implement a solution quickly and effectively
- Prepare and review annual budgets and monthly and quarterly performance reports and investigate and explain variances
- Assist accounting and analysts on financial administration for operating projects including billing and revenue collection, invoice tracking, settlements etc.
- Prepare quarterly and annual regulatory filings as required
- Coordinate with power marketing and development teams to register and commission new assets
- Collaborate with the operations engineering team to evaluate and suggest improvement for operational performance
- Laisse with O&M group on an on-going basis to ensure compliance with service contracts and project requirements as well as HSE and regulatory policies
- Manage handover process from the construction to operational stage
- Coordinate activities related to sites under construction, including test energy production, substantial completion milestones, and commercial operation declaration
- Contribute information and analysis to contract negotiations during development, operational improvement initiatives, merger and acquisition activity or legal issues