Option 2: Create a New Profile
Denturist - Arrow Dental (Astoria, Oregon)
- Job Title
- Denturist - Arrow Dental (Astoria, Oregon)
- Astoria, OR 97103
- Other Location
At Arrow Dental, LLC, we’re passionate about helping you on your journey to be better. We are seeking a Denturist to join our Arrow Dental clinic in Astoria, located on 433 30th Street. Clinic hours Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Arrow Dental primarily serves Medicaid patients. This is to help the community with the large population of Medicaid members that became Medicaid eligible due to the Affordable Care Act.
This position is responsible for providing aesthetically pleasing, comfortable dentures to replace missing teeth.
1. Collect medical history information from the patient in order to identify any potential problems or contradictions to having dentures.
2. Perform a visual examination of the patient's mouth, teeth, and facial structure.
3. Take impressions that are used to construct, reline, and repair dentures.
4. Work with labs and patients for all stages of the denture process including, but not limited to, initial impressions, final impressions, wax set ups for try-in and processing/finish.
5. Fabricate complete upper and lower immediate, conventional, and in some cases, overdentures, as well as Implant Supported Dentures.
6. Fabricate partial dentures and flippers.
7. Insert the denture into the patient's mouth and make adjustments to improve the comfort of the denture for the patient.
8. Understand the insurance and billing process, know what is covered under various insurance plans.
9. General lab management & upkeep.
10. Must be willing and eager to engage with patients as needed for success of cases.
11. Willing to travel to other locations, includes residence and care facilities as needed to provide care to our patients.
12. Performs other duties as assigned
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Arrow Dental seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Arrow Dental values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to demonstrate our commitment to diversity through all our business practices and invite applications from candidates that share our commitment to this diversity. Our diverse experiences and perspectives help us become a stronger organization. Let’s be better together.
- Required Skills
1. Certification from an accredited Denturist technology program within the State of Oregon.
2. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
3. Computer proficiency with dental practice management software
4. Must have strong decision making skills
5. Ability to work with frequent interruptions in a fast paced clinic environment
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image
7. Spanish skills a plus
8. Participate effectively as a team player