National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
- Job Title
- GIS Analyst
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
Our GIS Analyst will be responsible coordinating data development and database management to contribute to our company-wide geospatial support role. This role will assist in seeking new ways to improve GIS efficiencies and cartographic design. Our GIS Analyst will utilize a wide range of skills and past work experience across multiple platforms at a rapid pace whilst maintaining data integrity.
- Collaborate in data management and data evolution
- Own web-based mapping projects within Organization
- Develop and manage agreement area data linkage between departments and software(s)
- Maintain and support GIS linkage to our Landworks project management software
- Contributing ideas to the sharing of data throughout our organization
- Establish relationships with other team members to better serve needs within the organization
- Build and maintain communication between departments
- Regularly perform general production mapping exercises
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS/Geography
- 2-3 years’ work experience with ESRI products
- Extensive experience using ArcGIS Desktop and/or ArcGIS Pro
- Effective multi-tasking and time management skills in a fast paced, high-volume environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and take direction from more than one individual
- Interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional demeanor
- Self-starter attitude
- Analytical skills
- Team focused
- Loyal and committed to the National Grid Renewables team
National Grid Renewables is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid Renewables is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the team.