National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
Real Estate Manager
- Job Title
- Real Estate Manager
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
The Real Estate Manager at National Grid Renewables Development will assist the Senior Director to manage all real estate activities related to project development. The real estate work in wind and solar energy development includes but is not limited to initial parcel/landowner identification, title examination, and the clearance of complex title issues (utility easements, mortgage subordinations, drainage agreements, probates, etc.). The Real Estate Manager works with landowners, internal employees, legal counsel, utilities, investors, due diligence teams, surveyors and title professionals to develop construction-ready, insurable energy projects.
What You Will Actually Do:
- Assist with the management of existing portfolio of real estate.
- Attend and contribute to strategy sessions and management meetings.
- Assist with the management of real estate professionals with varying levels of real estate expertise.
- Assist with training of new team members, including permanent and contract employees, to understand title work and effectively address title issues
- Assist with the clearance of challenging title issues and complex legal description issues (by working with legal counsel, title professionals, real estate team members, project developers, and landowners).
- Assist with the acquisition of real estate for greenfield wind and solar energy sites.
- Understand and create legal terms for land agreements.
- Provide guidance to the Real Estate team to ensure that title clearance documents are properly drafted and executed.
- Assist or provide guidance to the Real Estate team with drafting documents to address specific title issues, if needed.
- Assist with the review of engineering and survey work for projects and oversee the resolution of any resulting land discrepancies (boundary overlaps, easement issues, etc.).
- Assist Real Estate team in the review of all signed documents for legal accuracy.
- Provide guidance when needed to help the Real Estate team to record legal documents (if recording is applicable).
- Assist landowners to resolve issues regarding payments and changes to title related to real estate agreements.
- Communicate the status of real estate matters to internal and external parties.
- Travel to project sites, county courthouses, and landowner residences as necessary.
- Responsible for overseeing real estate efforts on assigned projects to ensure the successful closing of the projects in the timeline required
What You Bring to the Role:
- 5 plus years in real estate experience
- Experience in renewable energy
- Must have experience in law, doesn't need to be a JD but must understand the laws, JD highly desired
- Must have experience in project management