Option 2: Create a New Profile
Sr. Software Engineer, Back End
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Engineer, Back End
- Position ID
- Other Location
The owners and employees of Sourceability LLC share a unified goal of being the best electronics distributor in the market. We have seen our business endure and adapt to many changes in the global marketplace. We are driven by technology and are continuously looking for innovations that will improve the industry.
Our resilience is directly attributed to our hard work and the value we place on relationships with co-workers, customers, & our suppliers. Our employees, customers, suppliers, and business associates know from experience that we honor our commitments and we stand behind everything we do.
Using modern web technologies, and best practices this individual will develop most effective solutions to the technical challenges we face to ensure a scalable, well-functioning, and highly performant platform that will help us achieve our business goals. You will be responsible for the full software development life-cycle of one or more components of our application, from design, to implementation, through integration up to the final delivery of a well-tested (in an automated fashion) product. You will identify needs and new opportunities and aspire to increase the quality of our engineering work (through new technologies, processes, and approaches). You are able to understand all necessary tools and activities to grow our B2B platform from an early stage, to an international, highly scalable large-scale, distributed web application. Additionally, you understand that our agile approach demands flexible, yet stable, and highly testable (and tested) code, and you enjoy training, and mentoring other engineers.
- Write well tested, and maintainable, performant code (i.e. PHP) following best practices using frameworks such as Symfony or other frameworks.
- Provide technical guidance in the design and implementation of new features
- Perform code reviews of others’ design and code
- Participate in architectural reviews and discussions and propose improvements and solutions
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers
- Work closely with the Product Owner to groom user stories - estimating, providing detail, and adding acceptance criteria, and participate in the team meetings.
- To assist in defining the team's technical strategy and advising on product roadmaps and migration plans to achieve strategic goals
- At least 6 years of experience in software development using modern PHP frameworks (such as Symfony, Laravel).
- Experience with queuing technologies (such as RabbitMQ) a big plus
- Experience with managing, and structuring large data sets in a RDBMS a big plus
- Experience with designing RESTful APIs (ideally using HATEOAS) desired
- Experience delivering applications using current methodologies and tools a big plus (cloud, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code, GitOps, etc.)
- Experience leading a team (including mentoring less experienced engineers, performing code reviews) a big plus
We are not offering visa sponsorship at this time. Only candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Copyright © 2020 Sourceability. All rights reserved.