Sr. Manager – Application Security
- Job Title
- Sr. Manager – Application Security
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
As a Senior Manager of Application Security, you will create and lead the application security team's strategy to drive a defensive approach to the United Application ecosystem of mobile and web applications that are critical for our daily operations and for customers.
A successful candidate understands principles of application design across various tech stacks and how security best practices apply. They should also be able to create secure application architecture standards and develop analytics for ongoing performance measurement and reporting to provide actionable insights. This role will be instrumental in deploying, operating, and scaling application security solutions for high profile initiatives.
You will help evaluate, implement, run, and troubleshoot application security tools that help developers produce more secure code. You will be spearheading application risk profile evaluations and providing risk mitigation/vulnerability management solutions for the application development teams. You’ll act as the security leader within a collaborative team, spearheading security feature enhancements and application design updates to enable more secure applications for United Airlines. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the latest technologies and keeps a close eye on cyber security trends that impact our applications risk profile. The ideal candidate will play a foundational role in a new team, is self-motivated, and has impeccable communication skills.
• Provide technical security architecture/engineering support
• Establish security controls to protect applications across a large and complex environment
• Provide strategic vision and strategy that is aligned to organization and team priorities
• Lead vulnerability scanning/ management and dev sec ops automation
• Coordinate, measure and report on the technical aspects of security technology management.