Option 2: Create a New Profile
Sr. Data Scientiist
- Job Title
- Sr. Data Scientiist
- Position ID
- Other Location
We are seeking a hands-on Senior Data Scientist to skillfully apply mathematics, statistical analysis, machine learning, prediction, and other data science disciplines and technologies, in order to aid us in the development and deployment of a new data analytics product / service.
The ideal candidate will be able to proactively get a handle on our data, figure out which business and product questions are the right questions to ask, and then produce reliable, evidence-based answers.
The candidate will systematically identify outliers or unnatural patterns in our data so that we may curate a quality dataset that customers trust.
Most importantly, the candidate will work with our product team to identify ways to augment and enhance our data in order provide insight beyond what can be gleaned from the data we have today.
- Dig deep into our data right away to understand the scope and structure of what we have, what we don’t have, where it is, and how it all connects
- Conceive of - and answer - scientific business and technical questions in order to help us drive our analytics product roadmap forward in an informed and evidence-based manner
- Conceive of, model, and aid in the implementation, testing, and monitoring of new monetizable data features and data augmentations. Experiment with data early to vet ideas before involving the full engineering team.
- Systematically identify and address data quality problems, such as historical gaps, low sampling rates, and strange outlier patterns in the data themselves. Design and drive solutions to those problems, including proposal of new data acquisition / augmentation strategies
- Measure usage and correlation of these figures with realities that they purport to represent so that we are aware of the accuracy of our data and can continually improve it
- Work with PM and leadership to validate proposed business model(s) for monetizing our data
- Assist PM in his/her product analysis to understand real user behavior and its impact to KPIs.
- Deal creatively with ambiguity: create and press for progress in the face of unknowns
- 4+ years of hands on data science experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Expert SQL (eg: Postgres)
- NoSQL a big plus (eg: Elasticsearch)
- Experience with Data Pipelining / Querying across disparate databases, REST APIs
- Big data a plus (eg: Apache Spark, Cassandra, Kafka)
- Machine Learning a plus
- Expert in leveraging data to gather user and product insights: SQL, Tableau, SiSense, Excel.
- Strong curiosity and capability to search/troubleshoot data problems on your own.
- Excellent written, verbal, and leadership skills, attentive to detail
- Experience in a startup or entrepreneurial environments is a plus
- Experience with working with executives and handling competing priorities.
- Bonus: Time series databases, Visualizing cyclicality, and Data aggregation techniques and testing.
We are not offering visa sponsorship at this time. Only candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Copyright © 2020 Sourceability. All rights reserved.