- Job Title
- CT Technologist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital Radiology department are an intelligent bunch that handles the core responsibilities at the hospital and in the Pharmacy Department. As a member of this team, you will know how to perform CT scan (CT) procedures as requested by the ordering providers through established protocols, policies and procedures. We take pride in our understanding that every job, no matter how big or small affects the experience of our patients. And our team strives to assure that all hospital patients receive quality medical care and we want YOU to be a part of that effort.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate person who wants to join our Radiology department at Howard University Hospital. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Howard University hospital’s business objectives. Ideal candidates have experience in a fast-paced high growth environment and the ability to work part of a team.
What will you do?
- Identifies each patient and reviews their information for consistency of exam ordered, clinical diagnosis, prep and all demographic information.
- Uses appropriate technique and shielding combination to obtain optimal images while adhering to ALARA principles. Checks for pregnancy when appropriate and documents. Knows how to adjust scan factors in CT to minimize radiation exposure to patient.
- Assesses all information and factors that may contraindicate the exam, such as medications, insufficient preparation, etc.
- Utilizes all safety devices on equipment to insure the safety of the patient and technologist.
- Reviews the patient’s chart and physician’s request to determine optimal imaging parameters for suspected pathology. Selects appropriate images and protocols for each exam. Knows how to revise patient position or imaging parameters to better visualize the anatomy, or pathology, according to established guidelines.
- Determines the appropriate amount of contrast agent to be administered based on the patient’s age, weight and requested procedure. Administers contrast agents according to established guidelines. Monitors patient during contrast injections for contrast infiltration or reactions and notifies the radiologist and pages emergency response team when required.
Who do you report to?
- Director of Radiology
- Required Skills
Must be registered technologist through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Must have (2) years’ experience as a CT technologist.
Must be certified as a CT technologist.
Graduate of a certified/accredited ARRT program required.
Current on CEUs with ARRT required.
Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technology required. ARRT advanced certification in CT required