Pharmacy Operations Manager
- Job Title
- Pharmacy Operations Manager
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital Pharmacy department are an intelligent bunch that handles the core responsibilities at the hospital and in the Pharmacy Department. As a member of this team, you will know how to supervise and manage the daily operations and personnel of the assigned pharmacy service program, assist with implementing department goals and objectives. We take pride in our understanding that every job, no matter how big or small affects the experience of our patients. And our team strives to assure that all hospital patients receive quality medical care and we want YOU to be a part of that effort.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate person who wants to join our Pharmacy department at Howard University Hospital. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Howard University hospital’s business objectives. Ideal candidates have experience in a fast-paced high growth environment and the ability to work part of a team.
What will you do?
- Manages unit operations, Clinical Pharmacists, Staff Pharmacists, Pharmacy Assistants and Technicians.
- Reviews department performance, effects changes in collaboration with the Assistant Director and Director to improve services provided and assures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develops work schedules and assigns staff to specific areas of responsibility
- Provides staff training and development as determined by Pharmacy management
- Hires, evaluates work performance, disciplines and terminates staff
Who do you report to?
- Director, Pharmacy
- Required Skills
- Masters or Doctorate of Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Science from an American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years of clinical pharmacist experience
- Two (2) years of managerial/supervisory practice experience preferred.
- Licensure by DC State Board of Pharmacy
Completion of a residency accredited by the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists or comparable experience preferred.