- Job Title
- Executive Assistant
- Job ID
- San Jose, CA 95126
- Other Location
Come work for a growing Non-Profit that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness, we would like to meet you!
Downtown Streets Team has been rated one of "Best Nonprofits to Work For" by The Nonprofit Times for three years (highest ranked non-profit in CA!). We strive to end homelessness by enabling un-housed individuals to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Our model was also recognized as one of only five Evidence Based Best Practices in California in 2018.
Downtown Streets is committed to creating and working in a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are fully focused on equality, multiculturalism and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Operations Officer at Downtown Streets Team is a critical member of the Operations department. They will execute a broad range of tasks in support of the COO. The primary responsibilities of this role are to coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, and work on operations related projects.
The best candidate for this job will have a strong attachment to the Downtown Streets Team mission, with the understanding that they are joining something that is greater than their job, their career and even this organization.
The requirements of the position include, but are not limited to;
- Use of independent judgment and discretion in managing the responsibilities, commitments, goals, projects, tasks and deadlines of the COO to ensure priorities are met in an efficient and timely manner
- Conducting preliminary research on a variety of topics; draft materials as needed
- Serve as the liaison between the Board of Directors and the executive office; facilitate communications, event plans, distribute information, draft agendas/minutes and schedules of meetings, record and prepare final minutes and resolutions, and ensure compliance with By-Laws
- Provide special project leadership and support as needed
- Track COO’s tasks and projects to ensure appropriate prioritization of projects with respect to deadlines and organizational developments
- Track and reconcile monthly credit card statements and complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Attend meetings, take notes, capture action items, and ensure follow through
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two or more years of professional work history; six or more total years of post-secondary professional work history in lieu of Bachelor’s degree considered.
- One or more years of experience in providing high-level administrative support to executive
- Experience with Board of Director activities including; drafting agendas/minutes and schedules of meetings, record and prepare final minutes and resolutions, and ensure compliance with By-Laws
- Experienced professional who has been relied upon to demonstrate confidentiality and discretion at all times and consistently applies good judgment
- Self-motivated, critical thinker, driven to learn and work independently
- Experience working in a fast-paced and sometime unpredictable environment; under pressure, with multiple projects and tight deadlines, solving complex problems, while maintaining a high level of organization and accuracy
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skills with a preference for collaboration and proven success working with others; able to work with high profile individuals externally, as well as collaborate internally
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
- Using personal computer, keyboard, mouse and monitor
- Observation and problem solving; hearing, seeing, reasoning and decision making
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations for budgeting
- Physical location may vary, depending on the space available and the needs of the community and the program
- Local travel is required
- May be required to work from home
- Competitive annual salary
- Opportunities for growth
- Generous benefits package including a 401k match of 6% after one year
- Flexible schedule
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
- Unique culture and passionate coworkers