Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
- Job Title
- Lab Technologist
- Job ID
- Casper, WY
- Other Location
The MLT is critical to the overall performance and efficiency of the imaging center. This position interacts with all of the various facets of the company, its patients, all Center team members and Physician Offices.
- Perform all functions of chemistry and complete blood count specimen collection, processing, and reporting.
- Perform routine maintenance of assigned instrumentation.
- Manage lab supply and reagent inventory.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and assay problems.
- Evaluate quality controls for problems.
- Maintain lab certifications (CLIA<,COLA)
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of medical laboratory technology (MLT (ACSP), MT (ASCP) or equivalent)
- Minimum of two years experience.
- Superior phlebotomy skills.
- Prior experience in an outpatient environment.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.