Human Resources Generalist
- Job Title
- Human Resources Generalist
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
For nearly 90 years, Monsma Marketing Corporation has been providing premium branded products and outstanding customer service to retail building material and hearth product dealers throughout Michigan and the Midwest. Monsma Marketing has grown with their customers by fostering relationships based on trust, friendship and reliability. We continue to honor and support our existing customer base while growing similar working relationships with new hearth and building material retailers throughout the region.
Are you a people-person eager to continue your career in the exciting world of Human Resources? We are looking for a detail-oriented, resourceful, and self-motivated Human Resources Generalist who can get things done. If this sounds like you, then keep reading!
The Human Resources Generalist role is far from one-dimensional. You will have administrative and strategic responsibilities while working independently on the following:
- Training & Development: Implement employee development plans and performance management systems. Organize performance reviews. Address training needs.
- Recruitment: Develop standard hiring practices. Manage talent acquisition and recruitment. Prepare job descriptions. Facilitate smooth new hire on-boarding and orientation.
- Compensation & Benefits: Monitor wage and salary structure. Provide benefits administration services. Administer 401K, disability, and worker’s compensation claims.
- Employee Relations: Create, communicate, and administer Human Resources policies and procedures. Implement safety and health programs. Comply with state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws. Provide guidance to business operations.
- Organizational Development: Drive the company’s mission, vision, and values while promoting culture and employee engagement. Organize company-wide events and initiatives.
- Personnel Support: Act as main point of contact for queries on Human Resources-related topics and activities.
What we are looking for:
- Previous work experience as a Human Resources Generalist and familiarity with the labor law.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Dedication and structured approach to doing things.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility in order to problem solve and build meaningful relationships within the organization.
- High degree of integrity and honesty, along with a demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
What we are offering the right candidate:
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability income
- 401(K) matching program
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
If you want to join our outstanding team, please apply online today!