- Job Title
- Network Administrator
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
As one of the largest and most successful Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) in the country, Great Lakes Health Connect manages health information services for 129 hospitals, over 4,000 primary, specialty, and allied care practice offices, and nearly all of Michigan residents. By providing the means in which health information is exchanged between patients and their caregivers, we pride ourselves on improving health outcomes and value for patients, providers, and communities in which we serve. Our organization is growing rapidly, and we have an excellent opportunity for a Network Administrator in our Grand Rapids office.
Here is what we are looking for and what you will be doing at GLHC:
The Network Administrator is responsible for planning the future growth and expansion of our computer network, maintaining our current systems, and keeping our staff updated on the latest tools and processes. The ideal candidate for this position will be highly proficient with Cisco Networking equipment (certification a plus), have more than 3 successful years of VPN creation and troubleshooting experience, and well versed in deploying and configuring F5 load balancers.
- Use your analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate network structure, reliability, and performance, and determine, address, and plan for network needs, issues, and changes.
- Use your proven network experience to manage and monitor Cisco firewalls (ASA and FirePower Services), VPNs, routers, switches, F5 load balancers, and WAN accelerators.
- Use your broad knowledge to define and identify system and infrastructure requirements and guidelines, and recommend and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, and purchases.
- Use your strong organizational and time management skills and your ability to prioritize and follow through with tasks to complete complex projects on time with minimal supervision.
- Use your effective customer service and problem resolution skills to work closely with internal and external customers in exploring and solving network connectivity issues.
- Use your attention to detail to design and document network implementations, set up security measures protecting systems and data, and contribute in developing policies, procedures, and standards.
- Use your excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build rapport and relationships with staff, vendors, and clients. We are looking for someone who employs a consultative and collaborative approach to service, training, problem solving, and teamwork.
Here is what we are offering the right candidate:
- So often in IT you do not get to interface with the end user. Not here. You will have the opportunity to work not only with internal staff, but with our clients as well, to support them with network and production issues.
- The ability to improve the life of people in your community. You will have exposure to engaging and meaningful work in a cutting edge and impactful industry. You will be working to bring patients closer to their health care providers by creating technologies that enable more efficient communication across the state.
- The opportunity to work with a driven and dedicated team. We employ the best of the best and we are passionate about what we have built and who we serve. This expertise and passion show in the quality services we provide and the communities we serve.
- The opportunity to be involved and give back. We enjoy working together to assist those in need.
- Competitive compensation and an incredibly robust benefits package. Work-life balance and wellness initiatives help guide our benefit offerings.
If this exciting role sounds perfect for you, please apply online today. To learn more about the amazing things that GLHC is doing for healthcare across the state, visit us at http://gl-hc.org.