Join the Liongard team!
Our team and customer base are growing rapidly, and we’re looking for talent to join us on the automation journey! Check out our current positions below.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Product Requirements Engineer
- Job Title
- Product Requirements Engineer
- Position ID
- Houston, TX 77002
- Other Location
Liongard is a fast-growing tech startup based in Houston, Texas. Our team and customer base are both growing rapidly, and we’re looking for an A-player to join us as a Product Requirements Engineer.
Our platform's core function is to connect to and extract data from a variety of IT systems and infrastructure supported by Managed IT Service Providers. Our Product Requirements Engineers are members of our Product team and are the subject matter experts on IT systems, interfaces, and APIs. They help our software developers build our "system inspectors", which connect to all kinds of IT infrastructure and systems in order to extract configuration data. They understand what data is meaningful to IT professionals, figure out the best method to get that data out of the system (API? SSH? PowerShell? what calls and commands do we run?), and set up sandbox environments for our developers to use when they build the inspector.
The ideal person for this role is an IT professional that has always been the first to dive head-first into a new IT system. They should be passionate about automation and "freeing the data" from siloed IT systems. If that's you then we'd like to hear from you!
This is a full-time position in Houston, Texas.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work as a technical resource in the Product team interacting frequently with our Development team
- Work in a high paced environment with a rapidly changing and improving product
- Do initial research on system APIs and other management interfaces to setup our Development team for success
- Help develop and write requirements for our system integrations ("inspectors")
- Prepare and work with our partners to obtain sandbox environments for our Development team
- Prepare technical documentation for Liongard’s customers, including documentation of new features and inspectors
- Assist with final product testing after development and before release to customers
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in the IT field in a technical role
- Experience with multiple IT systems commonly used by MSPs, for example: Active Directory, Office 365, SonicWall, Cisco, Webroot, Datto, Cisco Meraki, VMware
- Some experience in scripting (Powershell, or BASH, or other)
- Some experience working with APIs and API integrations (experience with querying APIs via Postman, for example)
- Experience with MSP-specific applications like ConnectWise, Autotask, or IT Glue is a plus