- Job Title
- Program Coordinator
- Job ID
- SAN ANTONIO, TX 78238-2428
- Other Location
The National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB) represents and serves 100+ nonprofit organizations across the nation, which includes real estate developers, business lenders, economic development corporations, credit unions and consumer counseling agencies. NALCAB implements responsible, market-based strategies for strengthening underserved communities, rebuilding the ladder of economic mobility for low- and moderate-income Americans and supporting the economic integration of immigrants through equitable neighborhood development, investing in small business and building family financial wellness. In close alignment with its core programmatic activities, NALCAB operates a fellowship to invest in next-generation leadership within its Network and implements a training institute focused on culturally and linguistically relevant asset building services.
Under general direction of a Program Manager, you will assist the Program department with activities in support of meeting the objectives. Strong writing, project management, time management and critical thinking skills as well as an exceptional attention to detail are essential to meet the expectations of the position.
- Conduct data analysis, research and report writing.
- Assist with grants management and technical assistance to non-profit organizations in the areas of small business development, equitable neighborhood development and/or family financial capacity building.
- Assist with technical assistance to city, county, state and federal entities in in the areas of affordable housing, economic development and housing policy.
- Assist in meeting the technical assistance needs of member organizations.
- Contribute to NALCAB’s work building the capacity of municipal and state agencies to implement asset building programs utilizing federal block grant funds.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating events, meetings, webinars and conference calls; deliver training as needed.
- Assist in resource development projects (i.e. grant reports, grant applications, etc.).
- Respond to general inquiries about the programmatic work.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public policy, sociology, business or related field with experience in housing, economic and community development.
- Ability to understand and interpret community development and funding concepts.
- Approximately 25% United States travel.
- Knowledge of urban planning, housing, economic or community development related data.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) experience.
- Previous experience working with community organizations.
- Non-profit sector experience.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- $34,000 - $46,000 commensurate on education and qualifications.
Benefits (not limited to):
- Health insurance.
- 401k - with employer match.
- Vacation, sick and volunteer time.
- Tuition reimbursement.
NALCAB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.