Assistant Regional Coordinator
- Job Title
- Assistant Regional Coordinator
- Muskegon, MI
- Other Location
Assistant Regional Coordinator
Are you a health care professional in Western Michigan looking to use your skills and experience in a new and exciting way? In this healthcare education-focused role, the Region 6 Assistant Regional Coordinator for the Healthcare Coalition of Michigan works closely with emergency departments, the emergency medical services system, pre-hospital agencies, outpatient facilities and hospitals to ensure proper planning and communication in the event of public health emergencies.
Our organizational values drive the way we work together to solve problems to benefit the community. Connection with these values will be critical for success in this position and include:
- Driven & Accountable for Achieving Results: We show initiative and are responsible for achieving results that make a difference in the communities we serve.
- Ethical & Honest: We perform with high levels of integrity, always doing what is in the best interest of the organization and those we serve.
- Team Player: We trust one another and perform in a manner deserving of that trust. We work together to make each other and WMRMC look good.
- Prepared: We are proactive and we try to see around corners to prepare for the what-if’s in life.
How you will spend your day:
- In cooperation with the Regional Coordinator, overseeing the design, development, organization and teaching of grant-funded education programs throughout the region.
- Continuously seeking to improve hospital, EMS, Medical Control Authority, and other healthcare organizations’ readiness for disaster situations.
- Effectively planning for and writing education guidelines for each grant cycle.
- Leading and coordinating all training programs and exercises sponsored or participated in by the region, as well as measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of the programs.
- Collaborating and coordinating activities with the local, regional and state emergency management and public health system, proactively establishing a liaison relationship with partners to optimize educational opportunities.
- Fostering team building between partner agencies by openly communicating, collaborating, and acting as a team player with others in order to facilitate continuity and coordination of services.
- Being prepared 24/7 to respond to any disaster or potential disaster situation in Region 6, or other Michigan regions.
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Public Health, Medical, or Administration fields
- Minimum of two (2) years of healthcare or administration experience
- Strong public speaking and instruction skill set and experience
- Experience in disaster preparedness is strongly preferred
- Ability to multi-task and comfortable in an environment with quickly shifting priorities
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Enjoyment for working autonomously, as well as with others in the office, at the State, in EMS programs, with boards, and in ambulatory settings to efficiently accomplish objectives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
What we offer you:
- Meaningful work. The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the Michigan community.
- Variety. No two days will be alike. This position comes with plenty of challenges to keep you engaged.
- A great team. We work together to make a difference in our community – and have fun doing it!
- A compensation and benefits package including; competitive salary and health, wellness, retirement and time off benefits.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please apply online today for consideration. To learn more about the great work WMRMC is doing in our community, visit us at http://www.wmrmc.org/.
West Michigan Regional Medical Consortium is a 501(c)(3) regulatory agency designated by the State of Michigan as the Medical Control Authority (MCA) responsible for EMS System oversight in Muskegon County. WMRMC oversees healthcare disaster preparedness in Region 6 (13 counties in West Michigan) and is the fiduciary for Region 7 (17 counties in northern Michigan).