Human Resources Generalist
- Job Title
- Human Resources Generalist
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
For over 60 years, Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc (FTCH) has established itself as one of the premiere civil and environmental engineering consulting firms in the nation. With core values firmly established in providing the best possible service, promoting growth and creativity, and ultimately benefiting society, we are a collaborative group looking to add on another team member! As a growing organization spread across 15 offices, our HR team is eager to bring on a Human Resources Generalist to effectively bring in and retain our talent.
How you will spend your day:
FTCH is looking for an engaging, detail-oriented HR Generalist to join our growing team! The HR Generalist will be responsible for performing daily HR-related tasks and duties, while working closely alongside our other HR team members to support the overall mission and business strategies of the organization. A few key aspects of the role will include:
- Recruitment – effectively lead recruitment for the Architectural, Engineering, and Construction Management Division, working proactively with hiring managers to understand their needs and team dynamics. Attend job fairs and work closely with universities to attract future talent.
- Internship Program – develop and coordinate our internship program, including recruiting, onboarding, and evaluation of the program and interns.
- HR Support and Compliance – assist with employee relations, compliance, and HR policies throughout the organization.
- Review and audit data and files in the HRIS and payroll system.
- Apply creative problem-solving techniques to address business needs and issues.
- Strive for continuous improvement, both individually and for the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality while acting with personal, professional and behavioral integrity.
What you will need to succeed:
Along with having a team player mind set, a passion for creatively problem-solving, and the interpersonal skills necessary to interact and work productively with all different kinds of people, we’re looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or Organizational Psychology
- 2+ years of human resources experience
- Proficiency with MS Office; experience with HRIS systems (e.g. Paycor) is a plus
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with excellent time management skills and an aptitude in problem solving and customer service
FTCH offers an environment focused on creativity and collaboration, promotes growth and development, and a great total compensation package. If you are a driven individual who is excited about continuous improvement, a fast-paced environment, and the opportunity to be part of a great, growing team, apply today!
Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer