Senior Interior Architect / Designer
- Job Title
- Senior Interior Architect / Designer
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
AMDG is a full-service architecture and interior design firm dedicated to understanding, serving, and advancing your mission by shaping your environment. We serve our clients’ needs and aspirations using our talents and experience to deliver comprehensive, creative, and sustainable architectural design solutions.
AMDG places an emphasis on growth and mentoring it’s team members. We believe in the importance of a culture that positions each team member to use their talents and expertise to serve others in the pursuit of excellent environments.
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative, passionate, self-motivated, and talented Senior Interior Architect / Designer to join our collaborative and high-performing team dedicated to exceptional customer service and technical excellence. Our ideal candidate will take projects from the earliest stage of design through construction.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the project design process including schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration
- Develop design concepts through technical documentation with specific focus on detailing, millwork, lighting and all other areas that comprise the interior architectural environment
- Conduct site visits for field measurements, review construction progress and installation of materials
- Interface with relevant consultants and vendors, source and provide quality material options, and prepare finishes, fixtures, and furniture
- Ensure all deliverables meet internal and external project requirements including time, budget, quality, and scope
- Present ideas, resolve issues, and communicate project status to clients
- Manage client expectations, team communications, and consultant coordination
- Delegate tasks, provide constructive feedback, and mentor project team members
We are looking for:
- 10 years of solid experience as an Architect and/or Interior Designer with focus on high-end residential design and interior architectural environments
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, or Interior Design
- Architecture license and/or Interior Design certification (strongly preferred)
- Proficiency in Revit (absolutely a must) and SketchUp (strongly preferred)
- Extreme focus on details and excellent follow-through
- Stellar time management and priority-setting, adapting to changing deadlines and competing demands
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience in creating and maintaining open, trusting, and productive relationships with teams and clients
- Strong desire to continuously learn, grow, and mentor others
We offer excellent pay, bonus potential, competitive benefits package, great culture, mentoring programs, best technology, and more!
If this sounds like a fit for you, please apply online now!