- Job Title
- People Strategist
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
We’re looking for a unicorn. An experienced HR professional with the sophistication of a Fortune 500 Human Capital Strategist, AND the autonomy, grit, agility and tolerance for change of a bootstrapping startup. Our People Strategists are driven, highly networked business consultants, with a passion for spreading radical HR and dishing up innovative solutions for our client organizations. Oh yeah, and we’re looking to expand into the Southwest Michigan/Michiana geography. Are you our unicorn? Keep reading…
HR Collaborative is on a mission to create thriving workplaces for 1 million people by 2029. We partner with growing, mid-market clients to align their people practices to their business strategies, elevate their HR and deliver measurable value. Leveraging our Thriving Workplace model, we help our clients attract, develop and retain their most impactful resource: their talent.
Internally, our culture is designed to thrive with high autonomy, deep talent expertise, investment in your development, dress for your day, flexible/remote work arrangements and agile technology. Expansion into new offerings and geographies means opportunities to get in on the ground floor of our growing organization.
As a values-driven organization, our People Strategists are first and foremost responsible for exemplifying our organizational values:
- We build personal relationships with our clients
- We collaborate with each other
- We pitch in to help
- We are worthy of trust
- We are People Promoters
- We do it right
Reporting to our Thriving Workplace Architect, our People Strategists are accountable for these four key activities:
- Generates qualified leads - As an ambassador for HR Collaborative, identifies and develops new relationship-based, warm referral sources to expand our client base. Networks continually with business execs, community leaders and industry organizations. A trusted advisor to business leaders based on HR credibility, responsiveness, transparency and confidentiality.
- Meets individual and team revenue targets - through executing strategic sales strategies.
- Advances our sales process/marketing process - advances the marketing and sales strategies, campaigns, and goals., which include the functions of advertising, sales, market research, media planning, product pricing, client support, and community engagement.
- Delights Clients/Improves Net Promoter Score - devises unique solutions to elevate HR within an organization and reviews talent management strategies with HRC operations team to ensure that clients are delighted with results.
What it takes to thrive:
If you’ve got a BA in HR, Organizational Development, Business, Management or equivalent work experience, coupled with six (6) to eight (8) years of in-the-trenches experience in human resources leadership, and at least a couple of years in consulting/sales, we should probably talk.
Other really important competencies include:
- Ability to create practical people strategies that support impactful and sustainable success for our client organizations.
- Excellent organization, time management and project management skills. We fly pretty fast!
- Appetite for and proficiency working with high tech, cloud-based productivity, calendaring, video/audio conferencing tools and virtual teams in a Results-Only Work Environment.
- Highly detailed and accurate with demonstrated excellence with written and verbal communication.
- Highly effective relationship building skills with proven abilities to influence, negotiate and persuade decision-makers.
- Ability to work collaboratively in strong client service orientation.
- SHRM and/or HRCI certification is strongly preferred.
Why HR Collaborative?
- Remote/flexible work options
- We’re a certified great place to work! Highly connected, positive work culture
- Significant Investment in EE Networking/Development
- Comprehensive benefit options (Health/Vision/Dental, HSA Matching, Parental Leave, Retirement plan, PTO, dress for your day)
- Profit Sharing, spot rewards and incentive kickers
- Centralized downtown GR location, free parking