Director of Development
- Job Title
- Director of Development
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77021
- Other Location
We are seeking a relationship-focused Director of Development. A successful candidate will be a strategic leader with the ability to cultivate donor relationships and proven grant writing skills. The Director of Development is responsible for the planning, executing, control and evaluation of fundraising, public relations, education and outreach for the Society. The Director of Development works closely with the Executive Director, the Board and Program staff to enhance and support the overall mission of the organization and to assure that ample unrestricted and program funds are generated.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston (SVdP), is grassroots, volunteer-based, direct-aid organization that brings together men and women to grow in their spirituality through service of others. We have been serving the Greater Houston area since 1871. We are part of a national organization and linked by the common mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Designs and implements the development plan meeting the goals established by the Board of Directors in the Strategic Plan and values of the agency
- Researches potential donors
- Develops strategies for identifying, cultivating and soliciting donors
- Develops appropriate recognition strategies
- Plans and coordinates all the fundraising activities of the organization
- Works with the board and development committee to implement the development plan
- Oversees the Volunteer Program
- Educates the organization about ethical and legal issues relating to fundraising
- Works closely with the Directors of Programs to identify areas in need of funding and develop a case for support to obtain funding required for program operations
- Develops appropriate materials to be used for various campaigns, appeals and promotional materials, including annual report, website and social media
- Prepares of press releases, handling of media relations and representation of the organization or preparation of Executive Director or Board Trustee to represent agency to the media
- Adheres to a budget and focusing on meeting annual fundraising goals
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or nonprofit management.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in the nonprofit community performing fundraising and development activities.
- Ability to provide leadership, and think strategically, analytically, and creatively
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to create and sustain relationships, communicate with employees, board members, volunteers, donors and civic individuals
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Passion for our Mission