Area Manager - Johnny's Markets
- Job Title
- Area Manager - Johnny's Markets
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
A family-owned and operated company, Walters-Dimmick Petroleum, Inc. brought Johnny’s Markets to life by reimagining our Shell-branded convenience stores. To continue our presence as a friendly, welcoming store offering fresh coffee, health snacks, and great customer service, we are seeking an independent, driven Area Manager who will stay calm under pressure, standardize operating procedures, inspire a customer-oriented team, and create a culture of respect and collaboration.
Ultimately, it is up to the Area Manager to ensure that the store managers and team members are properly equipped and ready to effectively serve customers in a manner reflective of organizational values. In this key role, the Area Manager will primarily have responsibility for:
- Regional oversight: positively engaging with employees and store managers at each location to develop a thriving culture built upon an elevated employee experience and a commitment to operational excellence. Diagnose systemic issues within the region, working alongside the corporate team to identify and address key areas for improvement.
- Driving staffing and hiring efforts: partner alongside the corporate team and store managers to drive effective recruitment and retention strategies.
- Employee Relations: promptly follow up on questions and issues from store staff to create a positive, healthy work environment for all team members.
- Customer Service: immediately address any key store concerns within area, ensuring stability and a positive, quality experience for both customers and team members.
Think you may have what it takes to join our team? We are looking for these characteristics:
- 5-7 years of experience in a retail management role.
- Experience using data and dashboards to determine needs and trends.
- Ability and desire to quickly adapt and manage shifting priorities.
- Associates degree, with bachelors preferred.
Here’s what we can offer you:
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
- The freedom and autonomy to drive your own work schedule and process.
- The opportunity to develop and implement overarching retail strategies for the Grand Rapids region.
- A fun work environment with a culture that values honesty and energy.
Sound interesting? Apply today and we’ll be in touch! Learn more about what we do and how we’re a part of your community by visiting https://johnnysmarkets.com/#home or one of our stores today!