Part-time HR Generalist
- Job Title
- Part-time HR Generalist
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Are you an experienced HR Generalist looking for a new challenge?
Frost is an industry leader in the manufacturing and selling of conveyor components and conveyor systems. The company provides innovative material handling solutions to companies worldwide. Frost was founded in 1915 and the company is still owned and led by the Frost family. Frost takes a team approach to meeting the needs of its customers. Frost is a great place to work where everyone’s contributions are welcomed and appreciated.
Frost is seeking an organized, driven, and hands-on HR Generalist who will drive human resource functional excellence and provide great internal customer support. This is an amazing opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of areas within human resources and truly own the end-to-end process.
This is a part-time position, working 20 to 24 hours a week, and reports directly to the Director of the Company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Benefits: Serve as point of contact to all employees for benefit related issues and the face of the company to all vendors. Administer 401K, disability and worker’s compensation claims, leave requests, and FMLA. Lead open enrollments.
- Payroll: Be the primary person for accurate and timely processing of payroll and reporting that includes tracking of paid time off, new hires, anniversaries, holiday schedules, employee status changes, benefits changes, and verification of employment.
- Talent Acquisition & Onboarding: Work with plant managers on recruiting efforts and assist in candidate screening and scheduling. Facilitate smooth new hire orientation for all employees and continuously develop the program.
- Employee Relations & Engagement: Serve as subject matter expert on company policies and partner closely with HR Collaborative, plant managers, and administration, to build morale, improve work relationships, and increase productivity and retention. Engage in projects that create a conflict-free workplace. Organize company-wide events and team building activities.
- Compliance & Reporting: Ensure compliance with state and federal employment laws and regulations. Develop and update policies and procedures and recommend and implement new approaches to improve overall efficiency of operations.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field or equivalent work experience in human resources
- At least 3 years of demonstrated success as an HR Generalist
- In-depth knowledge of general human resources policies and procedures
- Deep understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals across all levels of an organization and proven experience building relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Critical thinking and ability to manage multiple complex issues and priorities
- Exceptional follow-through and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent discretion and judgment when dealing with sensitive materials and confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and HRIS and comfortable learning new technical systems and software as needed
If you are highly resourceful and enthusiastic to promote human resource initiatives dedicated to ensuring the business is running smoothly and effectively, you are the person we are searching for! Apply now and join us!