- Job Title
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Are you a high-energy, confident communicator who loves challenges and is experienced in recruiting the best talent? If so, you may be just who we need!
Owen-Ames-Kimball Co. (O-A-K) is an employee-owned company and fixture in the West Michigan commercial, educational, and industrial construction landscape for over 125 years. From 19th century historical treasures to inspiring contemporary designs, our talented team continues to transform the landscape where we live, work and play.
We are growing, and we are looking for a motivated Recruiter to help us with seeking out the best candidates for a variety of positions.
- You have a passion for uncovering top talent and effectively matching candidates with the roles in which they will be most successful.
- You will own the full cycle recruiting process, finding innovative ways to generate pipeline, creating meaningful interviews, and maintaining successful offer acceptance rate.
- You are the expert for your hiring managers, implementing best practices for efficient hiring, communicating updates purposefully, and providing strong consultative skills.
- You will immerse yourself in the culture of the team you are hiring for to fully understand their goals, processes, and needs, and use this knowledge to write effective job descriptions and craft recruitment strategies.
- You are a candidate advocate quickly building trust and rapport.
- You will maintain and improve our employer brand, ensuring that we provide a positive candidate experience.
- You will develop productive and lasting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers and become a trusted partner.
- You will act as the liaison between the company and any search firms we may use.
- You will continuously grow your network and knowledge by staying up to date with industry trends.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or in a related discipline
- Have at least 3 years of experience as a Recruiter, hiring for roles of all levels and functions
- Be creative and proactive in sourcing, attracting, and securing candidates
- Have proven experience with high-volume recruiting
- Demonstrate organizational skills, staying on top of numerous candidates with timely follow-up
- Take initiative and work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Have a solid understanding of end-to-end recruitment and sound knowledge of labor laws
- Drive continuous improvement
- Be proficient in recruitment tools, applicant tracking systems, and social media recruiting
What it means to join O-A-K
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including competitive salary, 401k profit sharing arrangement, and health care benefits.
- Working with great people. Our close-knit culture is one of the best parts about O-A-K. We have low turnover and we have a lot of fun.
- The ability to make a difference. Our size and culture encourage recognition and reward of the hard work that you will do and the value you will bring.
- Variety of work tasks. The person in this position enjoys a wide variety of tasks and interfaces with several departments. No two days are the same. The work tasks are exciting.
- Stable, reputable company. O-A-K was founded in Grand Rapids in 1891. We work with a wide variety of clients and markets throughout West Michigan with an average volume of $250 million worth of construction projects each year.
If you are a self-starter and well-versed in recruiting, we would like to hear from you!