Vice President, Sales & Services
- Job Title
- Vice President, Sales & Services
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Experience Grand Rapids is the destination marketing organization for one of the most dynamic metropolitan areas in the country. Grand Rapids is the home of the internationally acclaimed ArtPrize, and recipient of numerous awards, including Michigan’s Best Travel Destination for 2020, Michigan’s Best Food City, Beer City USA, America’s Best River Town, and Top US Travel Destination. Experience Grand Rapids operates on an annual budget of approximately $11.5M. With 11,000 hotel rooms in the region, a world class convention center and arena, and a dynamic restaurant and entertainment scene, Grand Rapids is already an attractive meeting and convention location. The destination is proposing a new 500 room hotel and urban Amphitheatre, as well as restoring the Grand River to its natural whitewater condition – this will elevate Grand Rapids as the premier location for meetings, conventions, and events.
Experience Grand Rapids is proud to be recognized as the HelmsBriscoe Destination Partner of the Year in 2018. An organization of this caliber, supporting this kind of convention and tourism growth requires a dynamic Vice President, Sales & Services to spread the word about the great venues that Grand Rapids has to offer.
We trust you to:
- Plan and direct policies to ensure continuing operations and increased productivity and to effectively carry out the organization’s objectives.
- Lead, coach, and inspire the sales/services/events team, identifying talent and building necessary knowledge and skills to execute the organization’s strategies.
- Create, grow, and nurture relationships both within and outside the organization’s network.
- Partner with marketing department and work closely with sales team to set and achieve goals and manage ongoing efforts to attract meetings and conventions.
- Work hand in hand with the convention center management and area hotel sales department in preparing bid proposals, leading sales bid and presentations, and coordinating site inspections.
- Establish and manage the convention sales/services/events budget.
- Implement sales strategies to solicit convention business by developing qualified sales leads and submitting to appropriate local facilities, conducting regular follow-up, and securing group bookings.
- Participate in trade shows, conventions, promotional events, and sales blitzes.
What we need from you:
- A bachelor’s degree in hospitality, marketing, or business is preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in destination management, lodging sales, and/or marketing, including team management/supervision is required.
- You are an expert in organizational integration, sales leadership, and/or destination management.
- You know the ins and outs of how to successfully lead and motivate teams. You love working and strategizing with other departments.
- You demonstrate ability to build rapport and foster relationships with all levels of the community.
- You are driven and you have a quick eye for discovering new leads, developing opportunities, and securing repeat businesses.
- You are comfortable and confident in speaking and presenting in public.
- You exhibit strong intuition and analytical skills. You are creative and always thinking a few steps ahead.
- You make and stand by decisions that challenge the status quo and take full ownership of department and organizational performance.
What you can expect from us:
We offer great working conditions, excellent salary and benefits, and opportunity for significant incentive bonus. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401-K, and paid time off are part of the package for full-time employees. In addition, as the destination marketing organization for Grand Rapids and Kent County, you will get a front row seat to all the great things happening in our county.
If you are interested in becoming part of this exciting organization, please apply online today!
Experience Grand Rapids is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.