Solar Residential Installation Manager
- Job Title
- Solar Residential Installation Manager
- Job ID
- Rhinebeck, NY 12572
- Other Location
SunCommon is a market-leading, renewable energy company and Benefit Corporation that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and brighter future. Energy from the sun can power our lives and build vibrant communities. Our mission is to tear down barriers to clean energy and use our business as a force for good. We are looking for an experienced, mission-driven Solar Residential Installation Manager to join our growing team based in Rhinebeck, NY.
As the Residential Installation Manager, you will oversee our residential solar installation crews, ensuring they do safe and high quality work. The position requires expert communication and organization with an eye toward continuous improvement. You will play a key role within the Operations management team to implement new initiatives and products.
The position requires a person who is flexible, sets clear expectations, and is a skilled communicator. The Residential Installation Manager will spend time working on-site with our installation crews, and in Suncommon’s Rhinebeck, NY Office. A dedication to taking the best possible care of our customers and your colleagues is essential.
- -FULLY PAID medical and dental premiums for you AND your family
- -3 weeks’ PTO for 1st year and 4 weeks for year 2+
- -401k with company match up to 4%, and much more!
What you'll do as the Residential Installation Manager:
- -Manage Crew Leads, Electricians and Installers, including supervising employees, managing data, maintaining metrics, and developing and meeting quantitative and qualitative goals (safety, efficiency, quality, productivity)
- -Participate in cross-department work to improve processes and customer experience
- -Communicate job status and estimated completion time on a daily basis with Residential Project Management staff via phone, email, CRM, or in-person
- -Ensure PV systems are installed in accordance with NYSERDA, NEC and SunCommon standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions
- -Keep up-to-date on the latest code and solar installation techniques, and apply new knowledge to the job
- -Work mostly on site, with some dedicated office time for planning, cross-departmental collaboration, and staff development
- -Hire and Train Staff - Provide on-boarding training as well as ongoing feedback and development; create and maintain training materials; coach for performance
- -Support SunCommon’s Culture. Actively contribute to a positive, enthusiastic, and adaptable team environment. We need to love what we do, work well with our teammates, and appreciate our customers in order to achieve and deliver success.
What's required of you:
- -A strong commitment to SunCommon’s purpose and vision
- -5 or more years of solar installation experience as an installer and crew lead or supervisor
- -Experience on roof and ground mounted PV systems
- -Experience managing and coaching teams
- -Experience inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- -Valid driver’s license and flexibility to travel throughout our region, including long hours of driving
- -Experience driving trucks with trailers, and operating lifts
- -Experience determining time, costs, resources, and materials needed to perform electrical or solar work
- -Solutions-Oriented Mindset. Able to quickly identify effective, efficient resolutions to challenges. Asks “how could we” and proposes paths forward
- -Computer Proficiency. Comfort with Microsoft Office suite, Google, Salesforce, and data management. Maintain accurate and timely records in Salesforce, Google Calendars and other systems
- -Ability to regularly lift up to 50lbs, bend, twist, kneel, squat, climb ladders and work in varying weather conditions
- -Ability to work at heights - ladders, scaffolding, lifts, and roofs
What will set you apart:
- -Electrical license (Journeyworker or Master) or relevant experience with equipment layout, conduit runs, wiring, and interconnection
- -NABCEP Installation Professional certification
HOW WE WORK
We feel a huge responsibility to succeed, to honor our triple bottom line commitments to People (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), Planet (our beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and Profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is good stuff.
Apply now by submitting a resume and cover letter.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about what it’s like to work with us: https://suncommon.com/work-at-suncommon/
SunCommon is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ, Spanish speaking individuals, and persons with disabilities.