Solar Commercial Operations Manager
- Job Title
- Solar Commercial Operations Manager
- Job ID
- Rhinebeck, NY 12572
- Other Location
SunCommon starts from the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and brighter future – and renewable energy is where it starts. Energy from the sun can power our lives and build vibrant communities. Our mission is to tear down barriers to clean energy and use our business as a force for good.
We are seeking a Solar Commercial Operations Manager, who will be based out of our Rhinebeck, NY office and will be responsible for leading the effective, safe, and profitable installation of SunCommon’s commercial and community solar project pipeline in New York.
As the Commercial Operations Manager, you will plan, permit and ready commercial projects into the installation queue; manage Commercial Crew Leads and installation teams; ensure that all commercial projects are effectively readied with internal and external resources successfully leveraged, and that all of the projects are completed to SunCommon standards.
The position requires a leader who is flexible, eager to learn, a skilled communicator and who can lead the team through the ongoing changes in the renewable energy industry.
- -FULLY PAID medical and dental premiums for you AND your family
- -3 weeks’ PTO for 1st year and 4 weeks for year 2+
- -401k with company match up to 4%, and much more!
What you’ll do as the Solar Commercial Operations Manager:
- -In coordination with the General Manager, review projects entering Commercial & CSA Operations pipeline to determine project development timelines, identify pinch points and develop solutions to keep projects on track
- -Supervise Commercial Crew Lead(s), including hiring, training, ongoing feedback and performance reviews
- -Coordinate details of multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, including accurate, timely documentation and project cost tracking
- -Manage external relationships with customers, partners and vendors
- -Coordinate customer invoicing with SunCommon Finance Team
- -Actively participate and/or lead pre- and post-installation meetings
- -Successfully collaborate with various internal teams, including Commercial Sales, Commercial Engineering, Procurement and Install to ensure efficient workflow
- -Regularly review and provide input on sales pipeline, operations pipeline, installation schedules and resources
- -Support SunCommon’s Culture. Actively contribute to a positive, enthusiastic, and adaptable team environment. We need to love what we do, work well with our teammates, and appreciate our customers in order to achieve and deliver success
What’s required of you:
- -A strong commitment to SunCommon’s purpose and vision
- -3+ years of construction project management experience; solar experience strongly preferred
- -2+ years of people management experience
- -Tracking and analysis expertise
- -Operations leadership experience
- -Professional, joyful written and verbal communication skills
- -A Solutions-Oriented Mindset. Able to quickly identify effective, efficient resolutions to challenges. Asks “how could we” and proposes paths forward
- -Valid driver’s license and flexibility to travel throughout our region, including long hours of driving to work sites
- -Computer Proficiency. Comfort with Microsoft Office suite, Google, Salesforce, and data management
HOW WE WORK
We feel a huge responsibility to succeed, to honor our triple bottom line commitments to People (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), Planet (our beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and Profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is good stuff.
Apply now by submitting a resume and cover letter.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about what it’s like to work with us: https://suncommon.com/work-at-suncommon/
SunCommon is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ, Spanish speaking individuals, and persons with disabilities.