- Job Title
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
The Economic Club of Grand Rapids is the premier organization for people interested in contributing to the growing economic health of the Grand Rapids metropolitan area. The Club is one of the pillars of a vibrant, growing West Michigan business community and serves as a meeting place where influence gathers. We’re looking for our next President to guide the strategic and operational leadership of the organization into the future!
The ability to build relationships, collaborate at a high level and influence outcomes will be instrumental components of this position. In addition to membership growth and ensuring high quality programing, the President will engage internally and externally to provide leadership across the organization, while simultaneously enhancing our standing with all stakeholders.
You’ll be asked to:
- Lead the development, execution and monitoring of the organization’s strategic growth plan.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Board members. Prepare policy recommendations for the Board and lead implementation of Board approved policies.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with speakers’ bureaus and other sources of local and national programming, as well as event venue management staff.
- Build and maintain relationships with membership, season financial partners and event sponsors.
- Establish appropriate annual and long-term financial objectives and manage to consistently achieve these goals.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, or its experience equivalent.
- Eight to 10 years of experience in marketing, public relations, conference management, or related skill set.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small, complex organizations.
- Proven success with building relationships and engaging high level executives in a community effort.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills – inspiring, professional, and credible.
Positioned at the intersection of service and influence, this is a unique opportunity to play a leadership role in a pillar organization within the Grand Rapids business community. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also have access to health insurance and paid time off.
To learn more about our work, please review our website at: https://econclub.net/
The Economic Club of Grand Rapids is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.