- Job Title
- Solar Electrician
- Job ID
- Rhinebeck, NY 12572
- Other Location
SunCommon is a market-leading, renewable energy company and Benefit Corporation that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and brighter future. Energy from the sun can power our lives and build vibrant communities. Our mission is to tear down barriers to clean energy and use our business as a force for good. We are looking for an experienced Master or Journey Worker Electrician to be responsible for overseeing electrical work on solar installations in the Rhinebeck, NY area.
Perks and Benefits:
In addition to a rewarding and meaningful career, you will earn a competitive salary and be provided an exceptional benefits package, including FULLY PAID medical and dental premiums for you AND your family; 3 weeks PTO for 1st year and 4 weeks for year 2+; 401k with company match; and much more!
What you’ll do as the Solar Electrician:
- -- Install photovoltaic (PV) systems
- -- Interconnect Inverter and other AC components
- -- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation
- -- Test and commission equipment
- -- Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls
- -- Perform routine photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment
- -- Activate photovoltaic (PV) systems
- -- Communicate effectively with customers and staff regarding the status of each job
What’s required of the Solar Electrician:
- -- Must have a New York Electrical License (to operate as either a Master or Journey Worker Electrician)
- -- Experience inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- -- Keeping up-to-date on electrical code and solar installation technology
- -- Ability to travel throughout the Hudson Valley to perform installations
- -- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- -- Commitment to SunCommon’s purpose and vision
HOW WE WORK
We feel a huge responsibility to succeed, to honor our triple bottom line commitments to People (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), Planet (our beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and Profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is good stuff.
Apply NOW for immediate consideration!
Check out our Careers page to learn more about what it’s like to work with us: https://suncommon.com/work-at-suncommon/
SunCommon is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, ethnic minorities, Spanish speaking individuals, and persons with disabilities.