- Job Title
- Project Architect
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Kingscott is a team-based organization - from the top down. Our CEO is a team of 4 people. We work as a team to make the best decisions for the company. We expect the same of our staff. Our story is anchored in knowing that when people work together, extraordinary things are possible.
To be successful at Kingscott you need to be “All In” – to be fully committed. It is important to us to stick to things even when they are hard. To be intentional in following through for everyone’s success. To be passionate about your work and take ownership for its success. We need to believe in each other, to want the best for everyone and to always assume good intentions.
We are looking for a Project Architect to join our team. Working closely with our clients, Interior Designers and Engineers, the Project Architect will focus on the overall technical design and execution of each project, while building relationships with our clients. You’ll get the opportunity to work with some amazing clients in the educational, commercial, and senior living space!
Here’s more about what you’d be doing at Kingscott:
- Focusing on technical construction documents, you’ll direct, coordinate, and monitor the development of technically complete and correct building systems on all phases of the project.
- Engaging in initial meetings with Owner and Project Director to establish budgets and project scope.
- Conducting onsite inspections.
- Collaborating with contractors and Construction Administrator closely to achieve project goals within project parameters.
- Establishing and maintaining budgets and schedules.
- Mentoring Architectural interns and new staff; recommending and organizing technical professional development programs.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of facilities design experience
- AIA Licensure preferred
- K-12 educational facility and commercial building design experience preferred
- Software knowledge in AutoCAD; Revit preferred
- Strong client-facing communication skills, with a positive orientation towards receiving feedback
- Working knowledge of civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical disciplines; construction documents and specifications; building construction for a variety of building types; cost-estimating and building codes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and 401(k) with company match
- Flexible work schedule – many of us work four-day weeks!
- Collaborative environment and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Variety of work tasks and experiences – No two days will ever be the same
- Opportunity to influence key decisions and help Kingscott meet our goals
If this sounds like a great fit for you, apply today and check out our work with our clients here!