Human Resources Director
- Job Title
- Human Resources Director
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Located just minutes away from bustling downtown Grand Rapids, the Gerald R. Ford International Airport is the primary air transportation facility serving all of West Michigan. With 140+ nonstop flights a day to 35 popular destinations, our award-winning airport proudly serves as the major travel artery for the city recently ranked by Forbes as the “#1 Place to Raise a Family”. We are currently looking to hire a seasoned, strategic Human Resources Director who will guide the HR function of our growing organization into the future.
As the Human Resources Director, you will be responsible for planning, designing, and developing human resource programs that support the organization’s strategic goals and business objectives. We’ll ask you to provide direction in establishing and executing programs focused on talent acquisition, performance management, training & development, employee engagement, compensation & benefits management, budget, and compliance. We’ll expect you to take the lead in people and culture initiatives, creating a positive work environment that inspires employees to perform at peak level. We’ll also count on you to bring a passion for innovation & process improvement and to drive human resources functional excellence, change management, and organizational effectiveness.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or related field (Master’s degree and/or professional certification such as PHR and SPHR preferred)
- 10 plus years of progressive, well-rounded experience in all areas of human resources, at least five (5) years of which have supervisory or management responsibility.
- High degree of integrity and honesty, along with a demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
- Extensive labor relations experience and demonstrated ability to work productively with union representation. Prior union contract negotiation experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to think conceptually, hands-on tactical capability, and the agility to flex between a big picture view and detailed execution
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills
- Track record of building meaningful relationships. Coaching, mentoring and working seamlessly with employees of all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, HRIS systems, and project management tools
We offer first-class compensation and benefits package, an engaged workforce, exciting opportunities & challenges, and a rewarding career.
If this sounds like the perfect challenge for your next opportunity, apply today for consideration.
To learn more about the fantastic work our team is doing, visit us at https://www.grr.org/.
The Gerald R. Ford International Airport Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.